Author Topic: Eye surgery  (Read 3153 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Eye surgery
« on: April 26, 2015, 03:14:09 PM »
Just had the first of two cataract eye surgeries. Apparently it went well according to the Doc. She was delighted that the next day I could read all but the fine print on a wall chart without my glasses.

Really looking forward to getting the other eye done as soon as they can accommodate me. I want my long range "Hawk eyes" back!

She referred to herself and her team as "The Smurfs" due to their blue scrubs. I told her I would never have used that term as I had too much respect for her skills and those of the nurses.

After my post-op check up, I extended my hand to her and said - "That's not good enough". I pulled her in for a hug before I started to blubber .....

God bless the people with these skills and thank God I live in a country where this is covered by our national health program.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Eye surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:23:42 PM »
PJ,

I very much agree with you!
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »
That made me smile for you Amigo! That was from the Heart!,,,DT

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:11:49 PM »

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 07:07:49 PM »
I had both eyes done. One in Jan and the other in Feb. I now have 20/20 and 25/20 vision - I love it! Reading, however, went to the dogs and reading glasses are a must now - ALL the time.

Good luck with your second surgery.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 05:48:26 PM »
 My results were incredible. I had one eye done on January 2, 2014 and the other on January 15, 2014. I can drive, shoot and read everything but small print without prescription glasses.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 06:03:05 PM »
Had a post-op check done yesterday and the eye with the new lens was pronounced 20/20!

I find the eye gets tired by the end of the day and I need to wear my glasses for reading or the computer, but I can live with that. It's my right eye that still needs the prescription.
There is still some swelling and I'm light sensitive, but that is to be expected within a week of the surgery. 'Dr. Mom' is perpetually after me with one of three drops, a regimen that will last for three weeks. Two anti-inflammatory and one antibiotic.

I've been doing some wood working and a couple of days ago I burned up 100 rds of .45 ACP, shooting while on the move and out to 25m in single draw & fire exercise just wearing wrap around sun glasses and not my prescription. Even shot weak handed with no issues.

Now I'm chomping at the bit for the next surgery ..... life is good!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com