Author Topic: Looking for a particular stamp  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Camano Ridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for a particular stamp
« on: April 10, 2015, 04:29:38 PM »
I am trying to duplicate the border on the holster pictured on the cover of Packing Iron and on page 120 of Packing Iron. I have found a couple currently manufactured holster with this border on it so it should be available someplace. If any one has any ideas or has seen this stamp, your help would be appreciated.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
Re: Looking for a particular stamp
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 08:06:40 PM »
I would like to know also. I couldn't find one and wound up making the one I use. Then again I've got a few stamps I've made or modified to resemble originals that I couldn't find.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline ChuckBurrows

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 12:07:40 AM »
IIRC Bob Beard. the custom stamp maker in New Mexico has made that stamp and it may be in his regular line up - either way be prepared to pay a custom stamp price. The link below has links to info on Beard and his tools.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS634US634&q=bob+beard+stamps&gws_rd=ssl
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:23:19 AM »

Offline Camano Ridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:25:40 AM »
Chuck, thanks for the reply. Bob is one of the first ones i thought of. However I have been trying to reach him for 6 months regarding another stamp. The link you gave is no longer good. His Web site is accessible with this link http://robertbeardtools.scalabledata.com/index.html however there is not much on it right now. his face book page says they are still working on it. I understand if i do get a hold of him it will most likely be a 6 month wait on anything I do order. I would be willing to pay
Bob's price if i could get a hold of him to order one.

The only stamp that I have found that is close is Craftool F990 and F991 with the bottom pedals or what ever they are ground off.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:57:05 PM »
I ground the tip of a center punch to a teardrop shape and made my own. I stamped three in a fan shape on the head of a small bolt, rough shaped it with a grinder and finished it off with Swiss files. I think I trashed a couple before I got one the way I liked.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com