Author Topic: Ultra Rare ??  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Ultra Rare ??
« on: April 07, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
Just curious, has anyone seen the Ultra Rare "rainbow" guns come up on the market??  Prices should be through the stratosphere!!  Seems they were a late offering, not long before USFA went "paws up."  Probably just a few out there.  Big Bucks, Maybe!!

Coffinmaker

Offline AJD

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ultra Rare ??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 02:14:10 PM »
I remember the whole set being offer for sale on gunsamerica back while USFA was in business for a hefty price.

While certainly rare I definitely don't find them desirable! They fit in with the Show Pistol in my view.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, the 4 or 5 guns in the "set" were the only ones ever produced.  As I recall, they were aimed (no pun intended) at the SAA handgun hunting market.  They were, in a hyphenated word, butt-ugly.  I, too, recall seeing them on one of the gun auction sites a few years back.  Don't recall them getting any bids to speak of.  If they were the rarest SAA's USFA ever produced I would not want to own them.  They were truly abysmal looking.
I seem to recall that the "Shot Pistol,"  USFA's 410 gauge SAA, came out around the same time.  Another mistake that may have led to the eventual demise of the SAA line.  Made one wonder what Doug Donnelly was thinking!
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:28:25 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:12:40 PM »
I don't know that I'd call a bright Pink, 1960 Eldorado, truly desirable either, but, the last one at auction brought stupid money.  If there just happens to be just "one" set of pretty pastel pistols, somebody is going to want to spend big bucks to be the possessor of the rarest of the rare???

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com