Author Topic: Happy Birthday to Us!  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Happy Birthday to Us!
« on: March 24, 2015, 09:39:42 PM »
We are 10!  Going through the old post the other night and noticed that the very first message appeared on this board on March 22, 2005.  Proud to say that I have been here since the start.  Often wonder what happened to so many of the old time regular contributors.  I miss some of them!  Happy to see that we now have a few new members who are actively contributing to our forum.  You are the ones (and you know who you are) that are keeping this board alive.  Thank You!
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Happy Birthday to Us!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:32:12 AM »
Always fun to talk good guns and see a few pictures!  Happy Birthday to all!

Remember seeing and then buying my first USFA @ DJ's from Bruce.  Date was 7/10/09.  Obviously late to the party having been turned off by the earlier Uberti guns.   After shooting that first USA gun (7 1/2 inch Premium) I collected all the "extra" guns I didn't really need to trade for 5 more.   Sent a very nice 3rd gen 44 Sp. / 44-40 Colt with carved ivory down the road as part trade for a pair of 4 3/4" USFA guns and never looked back.  Only my 1st gen Colts shot better or as well as a typical example from USFA.

I still wax and wane between the two brands.  Hard to argue with the Colt name.  Hard to ignore the quality of any USA made USFA gun.    Either way, no question IMO, USFA forced Colt to up their SAA game as well.  Colts best guns in a long time are being delivered now.   And I'll always be convinced that is directly the result of the USFA guns on the market.  And I'd still easily give the edge, out of the box, to the USFA guns over all for quality, fit, finish and actually shooting POA.

An ode to my first few USFA guns.  My first Prewar.

Sadly it didn't shoot like I'd come to expect from every USFA gun.  So it left me early on.  Good looking gun how ever.
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
Yes, a happy birthday indeed.  I joined a couple of months ago and I have started reading the posts from 2005 working my way forward.  Seems like since the demise of USFA, this board is not as active now.  I am learning a great deal that I did not know about these guns.  The guys I have dealt with on here are true gentlemen, something hard to find on the plastic gun forums.

Hope that more guys like myself who just love the fine workmanship on these pistols and are not just trying to hawk them for a profit will join in as well.

Philip

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:37:51 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com