Author Topic: USFA Buntline  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA Buntline
« on: March 07, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »
Nice snag on the Buntline, Whatwouldyousay.  If I did not already have one, I would have done what you did the first day it was available.  They are beautiful weapons. 

I hope to learn a lot from this site, I'm trying to read all the posts backwards, even while USFA was still in business. 

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: USFA Buntline
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »
Whatwoudlyousay,

My first USFA firearm was a Lightning rifle in 45 Colt that I purchased from a CASS shooter in Wyoming about 10 years ago.  I then bought another Lightning that is engraved with a Birdseye maple stock in 45 Colt.  I had tried for a long time to acquire an Omni Snubnose, but could never find one, nor could I get the company to respond to my request for one.

Then last year one came up on GB.  I absolutely had to have it.  It supposedly belonged to Donnelly himself.  I did not know at that time USFA had gone out of business.  Anyway, I got the bug bite real bad and I like to enjoy the fruits of my labor, so I decided to build a collection of these guns. 

If I can figure out how to post pictures of them, I'll make a library of some of them and post them here. 

Thanks for the kind compliment on my obsessive behavior.

Pangaea

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:52:03 PM »
Pangaea,
 Welcome to the USFA forum and PLEASE introduce yourself!  It would appear, from your two posts, that you and WWYS are already acquainted and that you are an avid collector of USFA firearms.  I am sure that all here would welcome your input and comments.
CJF  
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:30:55 AM »

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »
You are correct about the super continent of Pangaea.  It is also the name of the small company my wife and I own.  That's how I was originally logged in to GB, so I just kept it.

I wish I could shoot Cowboy action, but the arthritis I have in my hands makes it very uncomfortable to lever a rifle or shoot a revolver.  I've been to a couple of the events here at the Oklahoma City Gun Club and it looks like a lot of fun. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com