Author Topic: Anyone using Lee 255grn bullet mold?  (Read 2176 times)

Offline joandcruz

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anyone using Lee 255grn bullet mold?
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:54 AM »

Is anyone out there using the Lee 255grn RNFP 45 colt bullet, cast from their alluminum mold?? I am considering using this bullet. I have had in the past the Lyman 250grn RNFP. The lyman has one wide lube grove where the Lee has two narrow lube groves. The lee appears to have a larger flat point but this could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.
Pick up virtue from everyone

Offline Litl Red

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Anyone using Lee 255grn bullet mold?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 04:03:59 PM »
Is anyone out there using the Lee 255grn RNFP 45 colt bullet, cast from their alluminum mold?? I am considering using this bullet. I have had in the past the Lyman 250grn RNFP. The lyman has one wide lube grove where the Lee has two narrow lube groves. The lee appears to have a larger flat point but this could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

I've been using that bullet for awhile now.  The 2 holer did ok so I got the gang mold to up production.  Both of them drop 20-1 alloy bullets about 245grs.  My loads aren't SASS light by any means.  No leading using my own lube, which is probably the same as SPG.   I noticed the 452-200-RF and gave it a try.  Testing showed no real difference between the 200 and the 250, so wound up shooting the 200 all the time in my pistols and rifle in SASS since accuracy isn't needed at all.

The 452-255-RF  didn't shoot as accurately in my rifles as the Lyman so I've pretty much stopped making them.  

The 200 has only one grease groove but it's no problem at all.  The two grooves weren't either.  Funny thing is both 200 molds drop 205 grainers.         

Offline Litl Red

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »
BTW, the 255 got a lot of testing to begin with.   It was summer and we always need an excuse to go shoot, don't we.  ;D

It was nothing to write home about going slow or going fast and in between.  It got a couple of tests with weight selected bullets and didn't show a difference.   Better deal was the test with weight 'rejected' bullets.  No real difference with them either. 

If you don't have the mold yet, and don't have the 200 mold already....  think seriously about getting the 200.  Especially if they're just for SASS matches. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:08:15 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com