Author Topic: Goon's Gun Works  (Read 4627 times)

Offline hawkeye2

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Goon's Gun Works
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:02:44 AM »
     Have any of you had him do any work in the past few months?  I sent him a '62 pocket Police in early December (check cleared my bank on 12-10-14) and haven't heard from him since.  I have sent two e-mails with no response.  This was quite some time ago and they were a few weeks apart.  I had sent him an e-mail with a question last November and didn't get an answer.  I then sent a reminder e-mail and got a phone call from him that night.  We had a fairly lengthy conversation and the result of him responding was for me to send the revolver off to him as I was impressed.  Right now I'm far more concerned about his failure to answer my two e-mails regarding the status of the work than I am about the fact it could take 3 or 4 months.  I realize that he is very busy and has a real job in addition to his smithing work but I do feel anyone in business should schedule some time for replies at least once a week.  Unfortunately having to answer questions is part of the cost of running a business.  It's not that i was in a great rush for the gun but I would like to have it back in time to work up a load, change the front sight and zero it before the N-SSA Nationals in mid May.  So the question is should I be concerned about the failure to respond and also not having the gun back or should I just wait it out?  I can be very patient but knowing does put my mind at ease.

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Goon's Gun Works
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:30:48 AM »
     Have any of you had him do any work in the past few months?  I sent him a '62 pocket Police in early December (check cleared my bank on 12-10-14) and haven't heard from him since.  I have sent two e-mails with no response.  This was quite some time ago and they were a few weeks apart.  I had sent him an e-mail with a question last November and didn't get an answer.  I then sent a reminder e-mail and got a phone call from him that night.  We had a fairly lengthy conversation and the result of him responding was for me to send the revolver off to him as I was impressed.  Right now I'm far more concerned about his failure to answer my two e-mails regarding the status of the work than I am about the fact it could take 3 or 4 months.  I realize that he is very busy and has a real job in addition to his smithing work but I do feel anyone in business should schedule some time for replies at least once a week.  Unfortunately having to answer questions is part of the cost of running a business.  It's not that i was in a great rush for the gun but I would like to have it back in time to work up a load, change the front sight and zero it before the N-SSA Nationals in mid May.  So the question is should I be concerned about the failure to respond and also not having the gun back or should I just wait it out?  I can be very patient but knowing does put my mind at ease.

I personally haven't sent a gun off to Goon (although I'd like to), so I can't speak from experience. But I've never heard a bad thing about the man, and everyone who has done business with him seems to trust him and hold him in high regard. Not quite an answer to your question, but I hope it helps.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

45 Dragoon

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:08:38 PM »
Hey Hawkeye,
 I remember talking with you on the phone but I can't find an email. I'm sure I screwed up ditched um or something. The best way to get me is the phone because if I'm not working for someone else, I'm usually in the shop. Of course, when it's 25 degrees out there, its hard to work (I don't have much of a heater out there!)
 Your '62 is in good hands and should be on its way back to you this week.
 The best thing about your Uberti is that the arbor is/was long! These don't have removable frame pins so if the frame needs to be corrected (shortened, which is often the case), you'd be outta luck! You don't have a "drooping" barrel anymore and the gap/clearance should end up a tight .002 . The hand spring was replaced (cracked) and adjusted and as I said, your '62 should be out this week.
 Sorry for the time Hawkeye, I'm getting caught up (bout 18 more to go and I can breath!!).

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:03:22 AM »

Offline hawkeye2

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:41:24 PM »
    Sounds great!  I'll be looking forward to getting it.  Actually I think I may have used the contact form on your web site, I don't remember now.  I looked everywhere for a phone number for you but couldn't find one and even used the search feature on this forum to see if you had any posts but it didn't turn up anything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com