Author Topic: USPFA Cylinder  (Read 1847 times)

Offline jd45

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USPFA Cylinder
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:14:38 PM »
Hello to all. I purchased several years ago off the Guns America website a USPFA Omni-Potent Target revolver in .45 Colt caliber. As everyone knows the "P" signifies that Uberti parts were used in this generation of their revolvers. I checked the chamber throats & they were overlarge @ .454" compared to the barrel's groove diameter of .451", so in an effort to improve accuracy, I sent it to USFA to have a cylinder with .4525" chamber throats fitted. The new cylinder achieved the desired result. I still have the original cylinder & would like to make a deal with someone who can use it. It has the removable base pin bushing & no drag line. I just have to do some research to determine what this part is worth so I can ask a reasonable amount for it. Any suggestions as to where I might find info on its value are appreciated. jd45

Offline jd45

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USPFA Cylinder
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »
What would you say, thanx for injecting a little perspective into the mix. My Omni is a hermafrodite, (sic?), in that it is actually a Bisley target married to an 1878 double-action grip frame, all blue as I understand the original targets were; 7-1/2" barrel, & because of the grip frame, decidedly uncomfortable to shoot, but accurate from a rest with a little electrical tape wrapped around the front sight blade to widen it cause it's way too narrow as it is for good accuracy, at least for my eyes. jd45

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com