Author Topic: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee  (Read 98969 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time Marches "on" so's the coffee
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 06:27:25 AM »
Mornin'.

Close to forty, rainin'  'n lookin' at gettin' back ta normal. Global warmin' my pink pa-tooty.

Most them folks on the Berry board wanna use the board as an ole-bitty chat room ta discuss their aches, pains 'n mental disorders – not eagles. When they do talk birds it's OH NO!!!  Tolt 'em if they felt better worryin' 'bout normal activity then worry. Don't like 'em eatin' bloody l'il animals, don't look. Oldest one smackin' down the youngest 'n eatin' first, don't look. Ya wanna worry 'bout an eagle flyin' off with yer 9 pound l'il snookums-wookums don't put the dog/cat outside.

'An eagle can't carry your dog, lady.'

'Well, what kind of bird can?'

'A mythical one! Gezzz, grow up!'

Gonna end up gettin' banned from that place. No patience with fools, male or female.

Ennyways.

Goin' ta the skin doc inna while. Ever since Ender, God rest 'im, passed away I get a mark what itches I get like an ole-bitty. Probably a busted blood vessel but I dunno.

Hot dogs 'n chips last evenin'. Dunno what for tanight.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 06:51:49 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 4 and sunny. High of 27.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:06 AM »
I made a pot of Cawffee at 0500, for the Moose, when she got up. The weather folks are predicting rain off and on all week. I am hoping for dry weather on Thurs. morning. I'll be flying to Springfield Mo. For the NCOWS convention, be home on Sunday afternoon. No breakfast plans right now, just Cawffee.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:34:36 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 10:46:51 AM »
Official day 1 of my vacation , I requested the time back in Nov. when I planned the NCOWS Convention trip, life's detours and I can't attend.  :(
 I'll still take the week off. :) I slept in taking advantage....   

expecting mid 80's today
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
Mornin'.

Close to forty, rainin'  'n lookin' at gettin' back ta normal. Global warmin' my pink pa-tooty.

Most them folks on the Berry board wanna use the board as an ole-bitty chat room ta discuss their aches, pains 'n mental disorders – not eagles. When they do talk birds it's OH NO!!!  Tolt 'em if they felt better worryin' 'bout normal activity then worry. Don't like 'em eatin' bloody l'il animals, don't look. Oldest one smackin' down the youngest 'n eatin' first, don't look. Ya wanna worry 'bout an eagle flyin' off with yer 9 pound l'il snookums-wookums don't put the dog/cat outside.

'An eagle can't carry your dog, lady.'

'Well, what kind of bird can?'

'A mythical one! Gezzz, grow up!'

Gonna end up gettin' banned from that place. No patience with fools, male or female.

Ennyways.

Goin' ta the skin doc inna while. Ever since Ender, God rest 'im, passed away I get a mark what itches I get like an ole-bitty. Probably a busted blood vessel but I dunno.

Hot dogs 'n chips last evenin'. Dunno what for tanight.

Tell her these were the varmints ya needed ta worry about in the Old West. Swoopin' down and carrying off chickens, piglets, lambs, and yes, the occasional human baby!

They were hell on dogs and cats, too! Especially lap dogs. Nice and tender, with lots of juice.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
I talked with Gripmaker aka Larry Little on a grip order that I had placed with him. He told that his brother had passed away and he would unable to attend this year's NCOWS convention. He will be attending the funeral. Our thoughts and Prayers are with him and his family.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
Condolences to Larry and family,  :( 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
Prayers up for him and his family.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
Another 5 hours today finishing the clean up. I'm whupped :PGot my drive and the neighbor's dug out at the street. Darn stuff was HEAVY :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »
Tex, do you know which brother?
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2015, 06:05:41 PM »
No Sir. All he said was his brother.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
TLD, all I'll probably do at the convention is wander around the vendors some Friday afternoon, 2 other places to be on Sat, and no pre-convention shoot due to the weather, so I guess Friday afternoon is all for me. Maybe next year(If they don't move it.)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »
Sorry ta hear about the death in the family.

Must be nice ta be young 'n chipper, like Buck. I'm too old for all that kinda stuff.

'Bout the size of it, John. Wouldn't want 'em seein' that image. They'd swear they saw it circlin' the nest tree, poised ta strike 'n eat the eagles.

Rotisserie yard bird w/ cabbage 'n 'taters. Might be ham 'n bean soup tomorrow. Might not. Either way, I'm done for the day.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »
No Sir. All he said was his brother.

Thanks, I know the one who's real name I can't remember, Cactus Rope and also Mikey who came up in 2009 and took pictures but didn't shoot.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 05:42:11 AM »
I'll start a pot ;)

22 here, getting light. Got a real mix of precip coming in a bit, snow, then sleet& freezing rain, then rain. Hopefully we don't get much of the freezing rain.

Had leftovers last night, wife's bowling night ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 05:56:49 AM »
I have a pot brewed this morning as well. We are under a Fog advisory until 1000 this morning. I am going back to bed.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »
Mornin'.

Not bad as things have gone recently. But the fat lady ain't sung on winter yet.

Go out 'n check the birds inna short. Go to the off site o'er that way 'n get some various beans. A nice diverse pot. Our strength lies in our diversity. Soon, we'll all be oddities......

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 07:00:54 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

I'll be praying for Larry and his family.

'Tis 19 and sn*wing. Started about 6 AM. "Snow. Snow accumulation of 2 to 3 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow near 100 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 07:02:20 AM »
Thanks, I know the one who's real name I can't remember, Cactus Rope and also Mikey who came up in 2009 and took pictures but didn't shoot.

Larry posted in The Barracks. It was another brother from Virginia, neither Bob nor Mike.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »
I saw that, thanks.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com