Author Topic: WTT .45 ACP new 2nd Gen Colt Cylinder  (Read 3212 times)

Offline tseaha

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WTT .45 ACP new 2nd Gen Colt Cylinder
« on: February 21, 2015, 11:23:06 AM »
Yo USFA Folks:  My new never been fired Colt .45 APC cylinder for your new never been fired USFA .45 ACP cylinder. Thanks for looking.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: WTT .45 ACP new 2nd Gen Colt Cylinder
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 05:50:18 PM »
Tseaha,
What exactly are you trying to do?  What cylinder do you hope to fit to which gun?
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline tseaha

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »
Capt., Recently I purchased a 7 1/2" new 2nd Gen barrel and a new 2nd Gen .45 ACP cylinder.  The barrel and a new ejector went on a 5 1/2 USFA frame. I carry my  SAAs as duty weapons. I would like to fit my USFA with a .45 ACP cylinder so I can shoot government bullets 😎 at the police range. Thanks for your help.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:00:37 AM »

Offline tseaha

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 06:54:33 PM »
My USFA frame is from production year 2008. All US made.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 11:43:56 PM »
Tseaha,
You might give Ten Ring Precision a try for that .45 cylinder ( http://tenring.com/firearms-single-actions/ ).  Back in the "good old days" they were one of the premier retailers for USFA and I believe that they still do some work on them.  Their web site indicates that they still have conversion cylinders for sale but they are pricey.  $395 for the cylinder and $45 for custom fitting to your frame. Sounds like you have a pretty nice hybrid SAA going there.  It might be worth the money.  
I recently gave a 4&3/4" USFA .45, with .45 acp conversion cylinder, to a very old (we've been friends for over 60 years), very dear friend of mine who resides in St. Johns, AZ.  He was using a .22 with shot shells to dispatch rattlesnakes on his property.  Needless to say, he is now much happier with the .45 shot shells.  Carries it in a Tom Threepersons rig that he got from El Paso Saddlery and will never go back to that .22.  He uses the .45 acp cylinder for target practice and has found it to be quite accurate.
By the way, welcome to the USFA forum.  Hope to see more of you here.  Should you contact Ten Ring, let us know the outcome.
Sincerely,
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline tseaha

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 01:48:04 AM »
Dear Capt,  Thank you for the heads up. I spoke with Alex this morning. He is best buds with my gunsmith Sandy Garrett.  I've know Sandy for 40 years. He taught me how to shoot when we both worked for Fairfax County, Va. I'll probably wind up buying a cylinder from Alex. No one seems interested in trading. I worked for Mr. Carter at NRA from 1983-1985, then went back to LE work. I'm new here but I've been working for US gun owners for a long time. Thanks again for all the good information. I think I know more about The Issue than I know about guns. Best regards, tseaha

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 04:14:18 PM »
You may want to widen your search just a mite.  A Uberti 45 ACP cylinder will work with minimal fitting in a USFA.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com