Author Topic: Finest shotgun in the world  (Read 9615 times)

Offline Lucky_Anderson

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Finest shotgun in the world
« on: June 17, 2004, 08:44:40 AM »

What shotgun is the finest in the world?!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Finest shotgun in the world
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:55:40 AM »
Depends. Waddaya usin it fer? ???
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 02:25:22 PM »
Howdy Lucky and Welcome to the camp.

IMO the finest shotgun would be a FREE shotgun. ;D But like Cuts sez it all depends on what ya gonna do with it.
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:21:23 AM »

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 06:22:32 AM »
The BEST shotgun is the one that is 'on target' EVERY time. And like FloraBama said "...FREE.."
SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 02:39:39 PM »
It depends on what you want to use it for? A pump-action 12ga. is a good home defense weapon. Any of the mjor brands are good.  You could a SXS for CAS, The Russian ones are pretty good. A winchester 97(not the clone) is a pump CAS gun.  Barrel Length is a matter of preference.  Hunting can be done with Pump or Semi-auto. depending on the shooter.  Remington, Ithaca, Winchester or Browning are all good brands.  Price range is aslo a consideration.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 04:40:02 PM »
I favor the Bernardelli Brescia model with two sets of barrels, true sidelocks with external hammers, a safety which can be switched from auto to manual, ejectors that can be turned off, and a beautiful fitted leather luggage-style case.

Not real practical, though at over $10,00 grand for a plain Jane model.  Embellishments and custrom features are extra.

I've been in love with these since they sold for under $2,000.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Blue Moon

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 02:32:30 PM »
 :D  If cost no object, Winchester Model 21;  an early one, with double triggers and extractors, could be used for CAS.

Also, the Winchester Model 24 or a field grade L.C. Smith

Lars

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 03:24:57 PM »
There are several top of line 16-gauge doubles, made by Husqvarna, Merkel or Sauer that fill the bill. Some are hammer guns, some have internal hammers. The actual gun would have to be a "magic wand" in my hands -- some of these guns are. I would expect that some 16 gauge doubles made in Italy or Spain would fill the bill too. Can be either SXS or O/U.

Nothing made for the CAS market, no pump, no autoloader, no American, no Russian, no Chinese, no Japanese made double makes the grade. Some of the Japanese made doubles and O/Us are close.

Lars

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 04:09:01 PM »
The finest shotgun in the world is the .410 that my grandfather gave me when I was just a wee thing.  He traded his favorite 16 gage for it because it was the only thing that the guy would trade for and I wanted it so bad. ;D
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 02:52:59 PM »
Camille,  your 410, sounds like a fine gun, given to you by a fine grandpa.  I had a Grandpa like that and I'm sorry for anybody who didn't.
Made life good in his day.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 03:28:09 PM »
I had a Grandpa like that and I'm sorry for anybody who didn't.

Me too Ozark...me too.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Dakota Widowmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS# 65062
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 11:19:53 PM »
Well, the new Ruger sxs gold label is rather well built and has good chokes built in. Smooth ejectors and good sights.

Its also $1300 most places.

For CAS, there are a plethora of ones to choose from. The Spartan/Remington 220 is getting pretty popular. ($279 at Cabelas)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com