Author Topic: Cap an' Ball Hoglegs for sale  (Read 11598 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Cap an' Ball Hoglegs for sale
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »
TWO (2) Things ........
First One ........ Hi Gabriel.  Pietta make nice guns.  Easy to work on for the most part.  Easy to set up as Main Match competition guns.
Commonly, the locking bolt will just "sit" at the top of the cylinder slot.  If you look at it from the side, with the gun assembled, all will
look OK. 
When you take the gun apart, you notice the bolt doesn't quite drop all the way into the slot.  It rides high because it is too wide to fit properly all the way down into the slot.  When I get a new Pietta, as I get it out of the greasy bag, I take it apart and fit the bolt before I even cycle it.  FIRST THING.  Also, normally the bolt need to have the edge on the trailing side broken for a smooth fit into the slot.
Second One .....  I've been dealing with Dixie for years.  I've had NOTHING but great service and good prices.  When I went for my Pedersoli Wyatt Earp coach gun, Dixie had the lowest price on the planet.  I have, however never had cause to return anything to Dixie.
Can't really comment on their return policy.

Coffinmaker

PS:  Over the last few years, quality, fit, finish and function have greatly improved in the Cap Gun world.  Except for Uberti.  Uberti has in the past, and still does, have the worst Barrel to Arbor fit on the PLANET!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com