Author Topic: cam height on Armi Sport Carbines  (Read 1963 times)

Offline smittyc7

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
cam height on Armi Sport Carbines
« on: February 12, 2015, 08:41:27 PM »
I have a new Armi Sport Spencer Carbine and was wondering if other AS owners have measured the cam height?  I think I have a combination of a magazine spring being too strong, coupled with a cam that is too high, which forces the nose of a blank cartridge too high.  I can load 3 or 4 and it works okay, but greater than 4 creates a jam.  My original carbine's cam is .122 or so at it's highest point.  I need to take this one out and measure it precisely, but I think it is about .142.

Anyone have any pointers on how to adjust the spring tension in the magazine and what the cam height should be?

Offline Herbert

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: cam height on Armi Sport Carbines
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »
Best to leave it in place for filing ,just remove the top block the file down to the .122 high spot ,the shape to the same shape as the original Spencers cam,this fixes a lot of feeding problems with the 56-50 AS Spencer

Offline nactorman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 05:12:48 PM »
Here's a vid of some Spencer mods that includes some info on how to alter the cartridge guide. It is geared toward shooting blanks, but a lot of the info translates to live ammo also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8I345NB6rU&feature=youtu.be

Nactorman

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:35:29 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com