Author Topic: Hearts, Chock-O-Late, Presidents and Big Rodents it's Febuary  (Read 197618 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hearts, Chock-O-Late, Presidents and Big Rodents it's Febuary
« Reply #500 on: February 27, 2015, 05:34:37 PM »
Prayers up for your Pard, Major. It looks like we are at about 4 inches of snow. It has been off and on since 0900. The folks north of us are getting 6-8 inches. We are in for the weekend. Moose bought some extra grub at Albertson's. We're going with spagetti and meat sauce for tonight. It looks like chili or Vegetable Beef soup for tomorrow.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »
Sn** is about gone here-for now. Chances again tomorrow and Sunday. Wal Mart dinner tonight, rotisserie chicken, tater salad and apple pie.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
Slim is in my prayers, Maj. Prayers for his family and friends as well.

Heck, Tex. Put Ro*Tel in it she'd be off to a magistrate claimin' I tried ta burn 'er up 'n NASCAR'd suspend me indefinitely. Nice thought tho.

Made the rounds. Checked on the nest twice. Bird's on the egg(s) but other'n behavior consistent with rollin' 'em 'n repositionin' didn't see no action.

Lunch it the big box off site. Pretty nice sized meatball was good. Roasted potato wedges were excellent. Snaps were undercooked, improperly prepped 'n overall disappointin'. Fat lady had lasagna ' mixed, roasted vegetables. She was pleased.

Watched the eaglets in Fla. disembowel a possum this mornin'. Made me hungry for spaghetti so I did questionable species filet of fish  'n oven baked fries.

Callin' it a day.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #503 on: Today at 03:43:26 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: February 27, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
We had Spagetti and meat sauce, salad, and garlic bread for supper. I am full and ready for night night. We are running low on firewood, so no fire tonight. I plan on a big bowl of oatmeal, then a ham/cheese omelet for breakfast in the morning. I am thinking a big pot of beans or Chili for supper tomorrow night.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #504 on: February 27, 2015, 08:31:28 PM »
Prayers up, Majer! Hope all turns out well.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #505 on: February 27, 2015, 08:43:29 PM »
Prayers up here also.

WTH do people ask you a question and when you answer it they say "Oh really?"   Or other such things, like when you are helping them they answer their stupid phone and ignore you?   Or they show you a picture ask if you can order them a hat like that but don't know who made it even, let alone a style # or a name?  Must be one of the 70's pop/rock singers in town tonight, the kind they call country and play on the radio. ::)

My favorie, guy picked up a black wool felt off the wall, tried it one, could tell it was too big across the room, but he said it fit good, looked at the tag and asked me why it was $59.98.  Told him because it was a cheap hat.  Asked if I had any under $20 in a blck, nope, the cheapest felt I have, then he asked what a good hat cost.    ;D   Said he wasn't going to pay that for a hat some girl would steal and left.  Dang if he can't keep a girl from stealing his hat, guess he didn't need one.   :P
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #506 on: February 27, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »
 ;D  "WTH do people ask you a question and when you answer it they say "Oh really?"

My response would be " No not really, I made up that answer on the spur of the moment to suit the { insert dumb ass here if you like } question "

Cell phone rudeness is an incredibly annoying Pet Peeve, of mine....
from interrupting calls , to the jerks with noses glued to them.
Just tonight, some JERK drifts over in to my lane, with his GD cell slapped to his ear... I lay on the horn and he's surprised , his look is classic, DUH ! did I do something ?

Touch'n' my hat is the best way to get "Bitch" slapped   
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #507 on: February 28, 2015, 05:22:44 AM »
Coffee is up... made big pot, as it drizzly and chilly this morning.
Nothing y'all have had but still an excuse to make a big pot  ;)

Not a clue what today's activity is about.... prolly swing by the FFL, maybe BBQ for lunch
Might go see American Sniper if it still play'n' somewhere  :-\

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: February 28, 2015, 05:47:40 AM »
-1 and gettin' light here. Snow in the offing starting this evening :P

Went to the fish fry last night again. Baked fish and a baked tater ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: February 28, 2015, 06:15:22 AM »
Major 2, I made a big pot of Cawffee this morning too. I have been afraid to look outside to see how much more snow we got overnight. The guess was about 4 inches. I got out early yesterday morning before the snow got bad. I guess that growing up in the Texas Panhandle taught me how to drive on slick roads. I got to the FFL to pick up my Rock Island 1911 and the Model 1903 Smith 32-20 revolver. It looks like we have a full blown winter storm on our hands.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #510 on: February 28, 2015, 06:59:48 AM »
Nice... I have my Dads 32/20 S&W hand ejector model.
This is the gun he carried aboard his 36' Yacht.  Early after WWII started, He leased her for and volunteered for coast watching with the Coast Guard in the Florida Keys on nightly patrol, Key Biscayne to the upper Key Largo area.
He skippered and one or two Coastie's were assigned on board. This was from about February to August of "42 "
until the Navy/CC was able & had enough patrol craft & personal to close out the Civilian craft assistance.
Several time they saw fires from U Boat attacks out to sea, course larger Cutters handled those.   

Your Rock Island is by Armscor, I have the Cimarron high polish version , you will be quite elated with the gun.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #511 on: February 28, 2015, 07:27:58 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

I'll be praying, Major.

An orphan followed me home yesterday.
https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/firearms/thunder-series/models/thunder-22-913
The toy store owner threw in a holster on the deal. Put 10 rounds thru it. Functioned flawlessly. Was thinking about the .380 ACP, but I would have to get dies, brass, bullet moulds, etc. I figure I can shoot 10 rounds of .22 LR faster then 8 rounds of .380 ACP.

'Tis -12 and sunny. High of 20.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: February 28, 2015, 08:33:40 AM »
Looks nice, Slim. Hope you can find a regular supply of .22s for it. I wouldn't buy another .22 myself, until I start seeing ammo on the shelves whenever I want it(Probably about 23 months from now).

TLD, 32-20 is a neat caliber, although you gotta be careful reloading, those cases are thin and crumple easily. I have an early 1900s SAA, I inherited from my Dad, he bought it from an old man he used to do handyman work for, sometime in the '70s. I believe the price was $125. He was a good friend of our whole family, we kept a boat at his dock, fished from the dock and swam at the boat launch ramp a lot when I was a kid.
Also have an S&W hand ejector, but it's later than yours, one of the "4th change" version. I think I looked it up once, and it was from sometime in the '30s.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: February 28, 2015, 09:05:07 AM »
M2, The grips are really worn and I would like to replace them with some original ones. Any suggestions on where I might find some?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #514 on: February 28, 2015, 09:08:14 AM »
My response to customers has to be different than co-workers. ;)

Seems the whole store was fully of whinny people yesterday.  

Maybe it will be better today, may some real ones so I'm not temped to say, "Cowboy Up."  

Also found out my helper is leaving for the summer early, got a chance to help calve on the weekends and he would rather cowboy than be stuck inside, dang little turd. ::)  Dang good kid and turning out to be a dang good hatter, the regulars are very pleased and tell me, 'course I pass that on to the bosses.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #515 on: February 28, 2015, 09:19:04 AM »
Looks nice, Slim. Hope you can find a regular supply of .22s for it. I wouldn't buy another .22 myself, until I start seeing ammo on the shelves whenever I want it(Probably about 23 months from now).
I've got a little stash from years old. But, would like to see the availability increase and the price decrease so I could shoot more with the kids.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #516 on: February 28, 2015, 10:28:19 AM »
Thanks for all the prayers, it seems to be working.I got a call from his wife last night and she said he had tried to use the bathroom and had another heart attack,They revived him quickly and rushed him into emergency surgery for the triple bypass.Doc said it all went well and he's showing some progress but still has a ways to go.

Slim, the Bersa is a vastly underrated pistol,You'll get good service from it.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:02 AM »
Major, I hope your pard improves. That triple bypass is going to slow him down for awhile. The roads seem to be dry around here. We still have snow on the ground. No precip at this time, weather forecast calls for freezing drizzle this afternoon and tonight.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: February 28, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »
Nasty white stuff falling outside, supposed to continue through the weekend. Need to set out a couple of round bales, tractor doesn't want to. Got a battery charger on boost on it as I type. Hope to make a grocery run before it gets bad, planning on stopping by a gunshow while I'm there. Don't have much extra cash, but wouldn't mind finding some reloading supplies, or maybe some irresistible bargain

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »
hain't stopped raining or drizzl'n' since 5PM yesterday, and solid rain since 4AM this morning....

TLD  try NC Ordnance http://www.gungrip.com/items_6__page0.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com