Author Topic: Jesse James The Outlaw by Henry Walker  (Read 1652 times)

Offline olered

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jesse James The Outlaw by Henry Walker
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »
Just came across this book on Jesse and it puts a different turn on what others have written. Having only read a couple chapters this writer has yet another concept of the famous outlaw. Seems the more books I read about Jesse James the more different history you come up with.. Good book but it has confused me even more on who he really was. Anyone else having this problem? ???

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Re: Jesse James The Outlaw by Henry Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:28:11 PM »
I have not read that book, but will try and find it.  Jesse is an interesting character.  I have my own theory, Frank and Cole were the brains, the let jesse take glory.    If you are ever in KC area, we have three pistol shoots at the Jesse James farm.  Come see where the Pinkerton's tossed in the "smoke" bomb.    You shoot about 150 yes from the house

Offline olered

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 08:30:30 AM »
There are copies available out there. I just picked up another copy for a pard from an Amazon seller for $16.50. Don't be looking for a new, excellent copy as the book was published in 1961 I believe. This book once again confirms (to me) that Jesse lived to be an old man as J. Frank Dalton.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:07:38 AM »

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »
I haven't read this book either, but I wouldn't put much credit in the idea that Jesse lived to an old age. I say this simply because the same story is told of every famous outlaw.  Billy the Kid, John Dillinger, Butch Cassidy, Emiliano Zapata...it's always the same: they faked their own deaths and lived to old age in obscurity.  For Jesse in particular this is true. He was extremely vain and protective of his reputation. He would never have let it be thought that he was shot from behind by a coward. Maybe if he could have faked being killed in a wild shootout against overwhelming odds, but not that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com