Author Topic: 1867 Adams  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1867 Adams
« on: January 02, 2015, 03:12:50 PM »
I picked up a very nice Adams revolver in .450 Adams a year or so ago, and have hopes of using it in GAF matches.  It does require a few minor repairs to the hammer.  Replacement parts are virtually non-existent, and when found cost their weight in gold (or more).

At one time the tip of the firing pin broke, and brazing was done to build it back up.  This needs to be removed and a new tip added by welding and reshaping.
At the rear of the hammer, there are two hooks that engage in a link to the mainspring.  One of these hooks has broken, and needs to have a new one welded and filed to shape.  

I have tried to get in touch with David Chicoine, but his website (oldwestgunsmith.com) doesn't seem to be up.  Do any of you have a recommendation for a good gunsmith who may be able to do these repairs?  Preferably one I can visit in person, in SE Kansas, NE OK, or SW Mo.  I did sent a request to Lee Shaver (Joplin area), but haven't heard back from him.  I lack the welding and heat-treatment knowledge to do such work.  Below are a couple of photos:
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 1867 Adams
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »
Lee Shaver over in Lamar, MO said he'd take a look at it...

GAF #301

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:19:42 PM »
Evidently David Chicoine filed for bankruptcy last month (Dec)

GAF #301

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:22:35 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com