Author Topic: Uberti Cody .45 with 4 3/4" Bbl  (Read 9802 times)

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti Cody .45 with 4 3/4" Bbl
« on: January 02, 2015, 02:03:34 PM »
Apparently these are very hard to come by.  Does anyone know of any that are available nickel finish with the imitation ivory grips?
“I have, in my day, thieved cattle, your lordship. But none that were under my watch” (“Is that what passes for honor with a MacGregor”, Earl of Montrose), “What passes for honor with me, is likely not the same as with your Lordship, when my word is given, it is good”
                     (Rob Roy)

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
Re: Uberti Cody .45 with 4 3/4" Bbl
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Well I went out and my dealer ordered me one on Monday, told me 90 days to 6 months (it was on the boat).  I told him great, I'd have a chance to set a few $$$ back.  Well he called me at lunch today and it was in!  Very nice, Nickel finish with Fire Blued Screws and Cylinder pin. and
“I have, in my day, thieved cattle, your lordship. But none that were under my watch” (“Is that what passes for honor with a MacGregor”, Earl of Montrose), “What passes for honor with me, is likely not the same as with your Lordship, when my word is given, it is good”
                     (Rob Roy)

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:04:52 PM »
And that's why I never order anything anymore without the money already backed up for it. Some of our dealer's are just too resourceful. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. Enjoy. :)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:11:23 AM »

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »

WOW! What a lovely piece.

Offline medic15al

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 05:52:07 PM »
^^^Sure is!!!  ^^^ :o
Pacem in corde meo, Mors de guns

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »
Thanks all, I think it's a very pretty piece. 

PS: Pathfinder, much like you I have the same feelings on "having the money"... and I try to keep (and did in this instance) an envelope in my gun safe with "rainy day" money.... :)  While it wasn't raining, I did have enough to cover the revolver...
                     (Rob Roy)

Offline tpamdx

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 05:21:46 AM »
The Cody model is a beautiful firearm. I have the 5.5" model in .45 Colt. For me, it was very hard to find. I have not shot it yet but look forward to doing so. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 05:28:43 AM »
very nice  ..I picked this one up it's not a Cody,  but the Stainless MP4502 also in 45
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline bedbugbilly

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 06:35:49 PM »
That is one fine looking shooting' iron!  Beautiful!

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »
TPAMDX, just wondering where you got this nice presentation box?  I've made a few, but they are a chore.  That's a nice looking one.

(Rob Roy)

Offline tpamdx

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »
TPAMDX, just wondering where you got this nice presentation box?  I've made a few, but they are a chore.  That's a nice looking one.

Highlander99:
Sorry for the delay in replying but I bought my SAA cases from Bill's Cases (http://www.billscases.com/). Bill Shumate is a great guy to work with and his cases are truly works of art. Check him out. I'm sure you will be pleased.

John

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »
Thanks John!

Steve
                     (Rob Roy)

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 08:25:40 PM »
Very nice, didn't know Uberti was making them in that configuration. Best of luck with it and hope it shoots well for you. But you reminded me to look at my own "stash money" for gun purchases and it has dwindled. Birthday coming up in a couple months so I better figure something out!
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 04:08:04 PM »
Yea, the rainy day money can be handy :)  Mine is now at the low point, but I am adding a bit here and there for the next one..
                     (Rob Roy)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com