Author Topic: Cold and dry here...  (Read 1891 times)

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Cold and dry here...
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:49:48 PM »

It is mid December here.  Cold and windy on the range and it gets dark early.  Hate being rushed.   I got the Unicorn back yesterday.  Shot three, six round groups with it today.  Two with 200 gr Badman bullets and one with 165 gr Badman bullets.  All out of the short and stubby (45 ACP OAL) C45Special  brass.  I was in a hurry.  This the best I could do today.  Might be a little low left with the 200gr loads but I am happy with the end result.  1/4 minute of Buffalo is all this is required.  I should be inside that ;-)  It seemingly shoots better with real 45 Colt loads just wanted to see how it would do with the .45 shorties today.  Powder charge is a  mildly hot 45acp 200 gr load with a tight roll crimp.  By the sound of it maybe, 1100+ fps from my 18" Henry.  No clue where it is (5gr of a fast Win powder) from a 4 3/4" barrel.  Fun to shoot however.

Many thanks to Darrick Smalley, of Willy B Infamous Engraving, Seattle, for a mighty purty blaster. 

Real reason I was there is I wanted to see how that same 200 gr 45S load worked out of  the new Henry Carbine.  This smokeless load has to be close to the original Henry load.  Next up is a full charge of the holy black!

Seems to be sorted out now.

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com