Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 240218 times)

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #360 on: December 21, 2014, 06:07:23 AM »
mornin everyone.

couldn't sleep last night.  Got some coffee brewing and some Coach's Oats :D
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #361 on: December 21, 2014, 07:21:05 AM »
Mornin'.

'Bout thirty goin' ta the mid forties w/clouds.

Havin' me a mountain of grits. Slept like a log 'n snickerin'. Ain't gotta listen ta a bunch of philadelphia (lower case intended in context) peeps runnin' their potty mouths 'til next season.

Got's me an Iver Johnson in .32. Ain't real pretty, hunka grip missin' 'n much of the finish is gone. Locks up tight 'n shoots pretty much where it's pointed. N'er been much on side matches but I couldn't resist it at the price - free.

Gotta go huntin' for a different bird. Lookin' for one with a good price on it. Thought it might be just the two of us 'n planned onna turkey roast but it ain't gonna happen that way.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #362 on: December 21, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy!   M2, The revolver that I am bidding on looks like the nickel plated one in your picture. Mine is 32 S&W.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #363 on: Today at 06:00:58 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #363 on: December 21, 2014, 08:54:19 AM »
mornin everyone.

couldn't sleep last night.  Got some coffee brewing and some Coach's Oats :D

Had nightmares of some cook sneakin. up on you with a big butcher knife while you was distracted with food ey?   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #364 on: December 21, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 28 and overcast. "Cloudy. Occasional freezing drizzle and light snow in the morning...then a chance of light snow and freezing drizzle in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the middle 30s. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2014, 09:55:43 AM »
That one is in 38 S&W.... I got some BP lubed .361 RN Bullets from Springfield Slim and loaded them up with 3FFF.

Guess last night caught up to me, was up @ 6:30,  but just I got up again from a quick eye lid exam  ::)

May scrounge up something for noon repast , in a while  :-\
Not interested in going out, Christmas TRAFFIC, shoppers, area Church crowd will have the "EATS" places packed ...
SHE's home now from the Sunday School class , dropped off the food for the B'day thing....
Now "SHE" off to Melbourne to her Sisters, dropping off gifts and Lunch with her.

Me .... NOPE !  I'm just fine here at the home base  :D  ....voices say we may see 81° today

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: December 21, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »
The temp sounds great. I hate temps that dip below 50.  I should know tonight whether I get the winning bid on the revolver. Moose baked a loaf of gingerbread for breakfast, with some fresh fruit.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: December 21, 2014, 03:09:24 PM »
Had nightmares of some cook sneakin. up on you with a big butcher knife while you was distracted with food ey?   

yep, Del, how'd you know? lol :D

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: December 21, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »
Sweeney Todd  perhaps ?  ;)

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: December 21, 2014, 04:02:13 PM »
more like a man that spits and curses tornadoes all the while still working on his lovely dutch oven biscuits and bbq pulled pork ;)

yeah, that and my imagination and determination got the better of me.  ended up staying up til 3:30 or so, looking up 17th century techniques for charcoal bluing and color case hardening - basically I don't have the space or legal freedom to have an oven lol.  I live in an apartment but have all the desert I could ask for just a few feet away lol - and then decided WTH... made some coffee and decided to be more productive on my research into my actual garb I'm going to be starting this weekend for CAS.

that opened up a whole additional can of worms, that I now finally feel like I've hit a small wall on, posted my new thread topic, and just planning and imagining stuff... and trying to stay up til 5pm (it's 3 here) when the woman gets home from work so I can crash! :D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »
I warmed up a bowl of beans with a couple of Tamales for a late lunch. I bought a bottle of Texas Pete at the Family Dollar store last. It tastes good in the beans, with some black pepper. I have run out of Tabasco, so the Texas Pete is being used. Moose in the kitchen, cooking Christmas goodies.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »
"SHE" came home with a very good Italian Deli Sub & some Potato Salad w/ Bacon bits , really good stuff !

watching Forest ...Forest Gump for I guess,  the umpteen time.... good movie.

gotta copula ez days at the work 20... then off Christmas Eve to 29th.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: December 21, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »
Been busy here ourselves. Baking cookies! I did sugar free choc. chip.  The wife did snicker doodles ::)

Del, She used the same recipe I did. Her's came out perfect! Still haven't figured out what I did wrong. Only thing I suspect is she only chilled her dough for about 20 minutes. I may have left mine in too long. ::) :o

I still have my coffee spice drop cookies to go yet, recipe will make 6 dozen.

Temp is 30,WC 25, and dark ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: December 21, 2014, 06:22:29 PM »
umm... Buck... "sugar free chocolate chip" may have been where you went wrong ;) :D

it's 51 here currently, lows tonight will be in the upper 30s according to weather.com, so we're probably a good 10 degrees cooler where I'm at.  About 10 minutes up the road, SNOW!!! :D

finally, after 31 years, I may finally have a "White Christmas."  We have lodging up there for the holidays, just two nights, 26-27... but yeah.  It's going to be fun.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2014, 06:31:28 PM »
More beans and tamales for supper. The weather is cool and overcast.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »
Watched Terry Bradshaw talk 'bout shingles. Seen it before. Good ad........................

She made spaghetti with meat sauce. Nice. Pasta fills me quick. Ate too much.

Caught Princess Anne 'n Baxter in the act:

Too early for it ta be for real it this latitude. Prolly just practicin'. Sorry the sun weren't shinin' bright thru the o'ercast.

The few I got last week's on the FB page.

Tracked down the other bird went huntin' for in the freezer it Harris Teeter. 99¢ a pound.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2014, 07:22:19 PM »
Busy day, panic weekend, one more day, at 7pm I walk out till Friday, Eddy gets Tuesday and Wend.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: December 21, 2014, 07:24:33 PM »
Arcey, Shingles are no Joke. I had them about 2 years ago, they were concentrated on my back, near my right shoulder. I did not know what I had till I went to the Doctor. Terry and I are about the same age.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2014, 04:58:21 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy!  The temp is in the low 40s and damp. Moose and Victoria are asleep in the back.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2014, 05:37:18 AM »
Clone brought home the the pox, 20 years ago from her "Lit'l School of malady horrors", she had it mild, but was a carrier....
"SHE" that doesn't get sick, didn't  ::)
I DID ! but not  the full blown pin cushion look, guess I have the virus though.... :-\

They say once you've had the Chick pox , you won't get it again , but you can have shingles and more than once  :o

Headed in ta the work 20.... figure to stop at the WaWa for big cup of coffee, to kick start the day...

Didja Win the S&W Jim ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com