Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 240212 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #340 on: December 19, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »
Roast Pork, Smoked Shoulder , Grill Chicken, several pasta dishes , black beans & rice , Black beans & yellow rice,
Chill, Wrapped Jalapeno in bacon  ;), every kinda salad make'n's   
everything to make  Burrito or tacos.... beef & chicken & pork empanadas
and Great bar, course I don't drink but still some great booze , & 7 or 8 kinda beers equal # or brands of soft drinks

One hell of party , I won two pre-paid gift cards... I'm thinking gun related  :)

Enough left over,  we all brought stuff home...so Roast pork again for supper  :D 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
Made some thick sliced applewood smoked bacon, then did eggs over easy in the bacon grease (deep fried??) Was right tasty.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #342 on: December 19, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
I want one to those shirts you have up here with roses embroidered on it.  (Yeah they quit making those 10 years ago.) ::)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #343 on: Today at 09:38:07 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »
Ask them to check Thrift Town or Goodwill, Del
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: December 19, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »
Got one at the square dance supply store early on in CAS. Broke a sweat in it 'n the colors ran - ruint.

Evenin'.

Did the sausage macaroni thing. Wanna do it with Ro*Tel 'stead of diced tomatoes 'n rigatoni rather'n macaroni next time.

Gotta decent hunk of sirloin for Beef Vegetable (always capitalize Beef Vegetable) soup for tomorrow evenin'. Already diced it up.

Fat lady brung home all kindsa cookies, chocolate Santas, other chocolate stuff, candy canes 'n the CIA only knows what all else from school. Don't want it in the house. Try'n ignore it 'til the kids get here 'n mebbe they'll eat it. Good part is some the stuff I wouldn't eat with a gun ta my head.

Brief huntin' trip(s). Got semi skunked. Bird werkin' on the nest it the GC. A GREAT sign. Didn't try'n shoot it – don't wanna disturb nestoration. There'll be plenty of chances later if they produce an egg or three.

Zit for me.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2014, 08:02:50 PM »
I fixed a Fritos pie and Moose brought home some homemade tamales for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: December 20, 2014, 06:07:39 AM »
I'll start the pot,I guess. ::)

28 and dark, no precip,thank goodness.

yesterday we had frizzle, streets got icy and had to get the Boss to go with me and install and load the salt  bucket. 1500 lbs. later we had things back under control. Arm wasn't happy with weight, but it had to be done. Then I got busy with SWMBO and we got those pesky boxes from the furniture switch emptied and did a Goodwill run.

Alumni band practice this afternoon ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: December 20, 2014, 06:24:52 AM »
I have a pot as well this morning. It is damp this morning, with a little wind. The temps are in the low 40s.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: December 20, 2014, 06:30:14 AM »
Mornin'.

Thirty sumthin' now. Low forty sumthin' later. Slim chance of rain.

Birds'll be active. Get the stuff what'll become Beef Vegetable (always capitalize Beef Vegetable) Soup in the pot shortly.

'Skins play late taday, might miss some – don't much care. Long's no one gets hurt I'm happy.

Scrounge up breakfast then get after it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #349 on: December 20, 2014, 08:34:32 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

I want one to those shirts you have up here with roses embroidered on it.  (Yeah they quit making those 10 years ago.) ::)
http://www.sheplers.com/Ely-Cattleman-Embroidered-Rose-Design-Western-Shirt/976.pro?
 ;)

'Tis 21 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of freezing drizzle and flurries in the morning. Highs in the lower 30s. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »
Slim, Those would make good B Western shirts!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
Moose went to get her hair cut today and buy groceries for the weekend. I had a late breakfast of Sausage biscuits, so I skipped lunch. It is stll damp and cool outside. I hope the firewood is dried out, so we can have a fire in the fireplace tonight. Victoria is taking a nap on her bed in the back bedroom.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #352 on: December 20, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.
http://www.sheplers.com/Ely-Cattleman-Embroidered-Rose-Design-Western-Shirt/976.pro?
 ;)

'Tis 21 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of freezing drizzle and flurries in the morning. Highs in the lower 30s. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation 20 percent."

Slim

Wern't those he was specific about what he wanted.  Dealt with this one before, more of a PIA than someone who really buys stuff, besides it's fun to see him pout when he can't find what he wants.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: December 20, 2014, 02:47:11 PM »
I know that you enjoyed waiting on him!

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: December 20, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »
hey everyone

Major if ya need help with disposing of those cookies, I'd more than happily oblige! ;D

just got an e-mail from an old friend thought I'd share the story/joke with y'all:

"It has already started at Cabela's Sporting Goods when I shopped there yesterday.

I was ready to pay for my purchases of gun powder and bullets, when the cashier

pointed and said, "Strip down, facing me."

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about gun control wackos running amuck,

I did just as she had instructed.

When the screams and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to

how I should place my credit card in the card-reader.

After I pulled my pants up they asked me to shop elsewhere in the future.
They need to make their instructions to us seniors a little clearer.

Plus, I still don't think I looked THAT bad."

it's just "damp" here right now, it's been off and on for the past couple days.  Oh well, it gives me time to make up some paper cartridge loads for that one day it's nice out  :)
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: December 20, 2014, 07:14:32 PM »
Uhhhhh.....................

Left o'er meat loaf for a late lunch. The soup was just what I needed for the evenin'. We managed ta turn a gallon inta less than a quart once again.

Took the fat lady huntin'. Found one tryin' ta hide. Did a right good job. Almost werked. Wonder how many times I've left that site thinkin' the tree was empty.......

Co-werker of hers sez she see folks pulled off the road it the GC with cameras lookin' inta the sky. The gal lives not far from there. Fat lady tells 'er if she sees a silver station wagon it's me. Thing is one the serious photog fellas has a silver 4Runner too.

So, ennyways, we find Sterling 'n HK 'n pull off the road behind the other 4Runner, my buddies Shirley 'n Jim. There's an Accord there too. Get out 'n it's the other teacher the fat lady knows. Turns out the gal saw the vehicle, stopped, approached Jim 'n asked if he were me. I tolt 'er Jim was a much nicer guy when I quit laffin'.

Gonna wait on the late kick off then gonna kick back. I'll be snorin' 'fore half time.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: December 20, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
I am glad the eagle stalking is going okay. I have a big pot of vegetable beef soup on the stove and some japaleno cornbread in the oven, with plenty of iced tea to wash everything down.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: December 20, 2014, 09:05:35 PM »
He is well hid, but saw him right off in the photo  :)

Missed a Gun broker bid by a few buck 15 min. skunk ... SO K though... still have cash to fight another day  :-\

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: December 21, 2014, 03:54:13 AM »
The soup and cornbread turned out great. Moose went to sleep in her chair and woke up about 0330. She moved to the back bedroom. Victoria is asleep in front of the fireplace. I just had a cup of Cawffee from the new Kuerig. I am wide awake, the weather is cold and damp. If it is dry later on, Moose will take Victoria to the Park. I am bidding on an old Smith lemon squeezer on Auction Arms, the Auction ends today, I have the high bid so far.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: December 21, 2014, 05:47:36 AM »
I won one of those, this past year.... taught myself to reload for it .... fun little popper.
Good luck, Jim...

Went to the Boss's home (estate) for a Christmas party last night had right good time.
We didn't stay way too late "SHE" that is my other boss, had a Sunday School class & b'day party to prep for ...some 80+ little finger samiches and assorted melon to cube up.
I on the other hand, hooked up with the sandman.

Not sure what my distraction &/or entertainment is on tap today, beyond my coffee  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com