Author Topic: My next rifle's gonna be a Henry  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Slo' Poke Pete

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My next rifle's gonna be a Henry
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:08:07 AM »
I've got a Henry lever-action .22 set back for my oldest grandson, but I've never been big on the Henry center-fire rifles simply because no. 1, I like Winchester designs, and no. 2, IMHO lever gun should have side loading ports not tube ports like a rimfire. Other than those small issues I think the Henry's are pretty nice rifles.

This morning I saw this auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =441287444 I'm not in any way affiliated with Henry or the young person involved and I can't afford to bid on this auction, but I think that any company that will donate A rifle, let alone 100 rifles to the cause on an ill child deserves at least a little of my financial support.

Kudos to all involved in this project.

Rob

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: My next rifle's gonna be a Henry
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »
Why don't ya just donate directly to the kid?
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »
I have a couple of Henry rifles. My 1866 new improved is a pleasure to shoot, but keeping that brass shiny is a job.
My 1860 is the steel frame one and is even more fun to shoot. It gets mostly black powder loads as is proper and when i get enough $$$ together it will have the lifter replaced to use .45 Cowboy Special which will really be fun and will hold a BUNCH of ammo.

Respectfully submitted
Bunk

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:02:35 AM »

Offline mr phil

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:34 PM »
I have a couple of Henry rifles. My 1866 new improved is a pleasure to shoot, but keeping that brass shiny is a job.
My 1860 is the steel frame one and is even more fun to shoot. It gets mostly black powder loads as is proper and when i get enough $$$ together it will have the lifter replaced to use .45 Cowboy Special which will really be fun and will hold a BUNCH of ammo.

Respectfully submitted
Bunk

What do you mean - replace the litter to shoot 45 cowboy special ? What does it shoot now?.
Fidgety Phil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com