Author Topic: 1st generation Colt SAA dealers? Would you shoot one if you had one?  (Read 25641 times)

Offline James Hunt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1st generation Colt SAA dealers? Would you shoot one if you had one?
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »
Shooting a 1st gen that letters to August 1876. It and a 3rd gen were my mounted shooting pistols. It was class in the midst of Rugers and Italians.

Actually, I guess you are going to have to take my word for it that there is a 1st gen gun behind that smoke.

NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Offline tseaha

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 12:22:45 PM »
I'm carrying a 1904 Colt Bisley .45 Colt 4 3/4" as a duty weapon.  Hornaday 185 gr. Critical Defense shoot into little bity holes at 15 yards. But I'm mostly shooting lead for practice and when I qualify twice a year. Tight as a tick and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end. Also don't have to worry about spraying innocent bystanders with stray lead.😘😘😎

Offline hopalong

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »
No name - no background information - no 'real' website with pictures - no references - no nothing.

Don't be grabbing for your wallet anytime soon.

As to shooting them - of course you can shoot them with properly loaded ammunition, and provided they're in good condition.

Scouts Out!

Hi, I spend most of my time on the Colt Forum, but I noticed some concern about the seller mentioned.  The gentleman is a member of the Colt Forum named coltsixguns.  I have found him to be a reputable guy.  I haven't purchased from him, but I did sell him a Model 1878 a couple of years back, and the transaction was very professional.

Regards,

Tim

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com