Author Topic: Approximate value of 2 USFA Pre-War guns?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Approximate value of 2 USFA Pre-War guns?
« on: November 11, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »
I have two USFA .45's that I am thinking about selling.  I am curious in the current market what they would bring?

The first is a 4 3/4," .45 Colt, Pre-War with fancy french walnut stocks.  It is near mint aside from a slight bit of blue loss around the bore at the muzzle.  It has all of the original box's and paperwork.

The second is an Inspector Series Ainsworth Model.  Strangely it was built on an Old Armory Original frame and cylinder, and not the standard USFA frame size.  It also has fire blued screws and trigger.  It too has all of the original box's and paperwork.

I have wanted a genuine 1st generation Colt SAA forever, and am trying to raise the money.

Jared

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Approximate value of 2 USFA Pre-War guns?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 08:57:35 PM »
Jared,
After a certain date, all the Inspector Series guns were built on (or supposed to be built on) the Old Armory Original frames.  Basically a standard size USFA frame with a smaller cylinder window to accomodate a Colt sized cylinder.  Not to many OAO frames were made so that in itself is a rarity for a USFA collector.
Gary

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 10:11:45 AM »
Thanks Gary,

The Old Armory Original had the smaller frame window, a 1st gen Colt diameter cylinder, and special front and rear sights according to USFA's website. The rear sight had a more pronounced "V" with a trench/groove leading into it, much like the earliest Colt's. The front sight was a taller, thinner blade. Mine has all of these features. 

http://gunsgunsguns.net/usfa-old-armory-original/

Jared

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:09:07 AM »

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:19:25 PM »
You're correct on the sights. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com