Author Topic: HELP!!!! PLEASE  (Read 4043 times)

Offline RADD 225

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HELP!!!! PLEASE
« on: November 02, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
I have a double barrel 410 made by American gun co the only numbers I can see is 14380 I need some info on the gun because the forearm stock is missing and I want to replace it. Please help phone calls accepted 225-290-8870 Anthony

Offline Darto

• Top Active Citizen
  • Step right up the wooden board on the wall !
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: HELP!!!! PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Here's some background:

AMERICAN GUN CO.

Previous trademark manufactured by Crescent Firearms Co. and distributed by H. & D. Folsom Co.

CRESCENT FIRE ARMS CO. & CRESCENT-DAVIS ARMS CO.

Previous manufacturers and trademarks manufactured circa 1888-1931 in Norwich, CT.

In 1888, George W. Cilley bought out the defunct Bacon Arms Co. of Norwich, CT.

He then formed an alliance with Frank Foster, and borrowed enough money to form the Crescent Fire Arms Company.

Cilley and Foster each held several firearms patents, and both were highly qualified in firearms design and manufacture. Production began with single shot tip-up shotguns that had an external side hammer.

Double barrel shotgun production was started in 1891.

In 1893, they began making bicycle chains, and that same year, H&D Folsom took over the company's financial control.

Early in the 1890s, Crescent built a rifle that resembled the Remington No. 4.

A very rare Crescent was the .410 bore shotgun pistol, which was introduced in the 1920s.

In 1929, N.R. Davis Firearms Co., then owned by Warner Arms Corp., merged with Cresent to become Crescent-Davis Arms Co.

Because of financial crisis, business continued to decline, and they were forced to sell out.

Savage Arms Co. acquired Davis-Cresent in 1931, assembled guns from the remaining parts, and these guns were sold under the Crescent name only.

In 1932, the city of Norwich, CT, took over the Crescent property for non-payment of back taxes.

After the Norwich facility was closed, manufacture was moved to Chicopee Falls.

All that said, this widens your search parameters somewhat.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:35:50 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com