Author Topic: Stoeger shotguns  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Stoeger shotguns
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:15:25 AM »
I'm looking for a side-by-side shotgun and I've been eyeing a Stoeger Uplander with dual triggers. I was wondering if any of you have any information or opinions about this gun.
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

Offline Octagonal Barrel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Stoeger shotguns
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »
I have a Stoeger Supreme coach gun.  I like it quite well, but if I had to do it over, I might well get the standard Uplander instead.  If it's just for CAS, the coach gun is great, but I think the Uplander's length would make it more versatile (clays and hunting), which I'd like.  At first glance, the extra length seems like it might be a minus in CAS, but I've seen others on this forum insist longer shotguns don't necessarily swing too slow for the sport.

I have the double triggers, and I had to do it over, I'd definitely still go with the double triggers.  Especially if I got the Uplander to shoot clays and hunt with.
Drew Early, SASS #98534

Offline Bibbyman

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99098
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
We have both the coachgun and an Uplander that we use in cowboy action shooting.   I gave Mary her choice and there was no debate, she wanted the Uplander.  It balanced better and opened easier than the coachgun.  Both have double triggers.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:33:30 AM »

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »
For about 10 years I used the coach gun for SASS, hunting and at work. I don't know how many thousands of shells I fired through it but eventually the barrels separated from the chambers. It might have been repairable but I dumped it at a gun show. I got my money's worth out of it.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »
I have a pair of Stoeger Supreme coach guns. Both work great. Both are double trigger.  I had a single trigger before but had problems with both barrels firing at once. The factory said that was cause by a combination of my body build and my trigger technique and they swapped me for a double trigger version (hence the reason why I have two of them). I would recommend double triggers over single triggers if you want to avoid a potential hassle. Believe me, both barrels going up (every time for me btw) really hurts.

If you get one, pay the extra for the Supreme version. Not only does it have screw in chokes, it also has a very adequate rubber butt pad... something that if you didn't have you would quickly wish you did have.  The version that I have came with a stainless receiver, which is nice if you shoot BP (I do).

Rick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com