Author Topic: As of last tuesday I qualify for membership in this forum (pic added)  (Read 1614 times)

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
I have been toying with the idea of getting one of the New Miruko 73 winchesters in 44-40 (just in case is start shooting BP).  Initial plan was wait till after first of year and see if I could find one.  A week ago last friday I found an add on the guns international listings.  Listing sounded like a used gun, the pictures showed a new one, figured what the heck and called Anchorage Cabelas gun library and did the deed.  When it showed up the used looking new mystery was solved.  It is a factory refurb with full warranty.  Looks absolutely perfect.  Have no idea what the factory fixed but the price was pretty dang good.

I have not shot it yet.  I did get dies, .428 despardo 200 grain bullets lee dies and the lee factory crimp dies.  Track of the Wolf showed availability of starline brass.  Ordered 400, they shipped 100 and BO'd the other 300.  I have loaded 15 tests rounds 5 each at .2 grain increments essentially in the middle of the AA2 data that came with the dies.  Luckily the lee load data had nitro 100, AA2, AA5 and AA7 data.  I have been using these powders for years.  I have a bunch of nitro 100 and AA2.

I also made up some dummy rounds.  The .428 loaded rounds drop right into the chamber.   Just could not see driving 25 miles one way to shoot 15 rounds.  I plan to make some 45-70 loads for evaluation tomorrow.  Hope to hit the range next Friday.

Really like the rifle but will take some time to get the hang of making sure the lever is totally closed to disengage the lever safety trigger block.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com