Author Topic: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee  (Read 163697 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here it "tiz" November, Turkey day around the corner & coffee
« Reply #380 on: November 20, 2014, 04:49:59 AM »
Mornin'.

'Bout 10º warmer'n 24 hours ago. Sayin' 53º er so later. Sounds right fine ta me.

Big mornin' ah huntin' planned. 'Nother affernoon of housewife stuff. Rats.....

Menu's comin' inta focus. Big ole plate fulla pasta with l'il hunks smoked sausage buried in it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: November 20, 2014, 05:19:02 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy! It is still dark and cold outside. No breakfast plans yet. I have some errands to run when it warms up. No clue for lunch or supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: November 20, 2014, 05:25:01 AM »
Mornin, thanks for the coffee TLD.

Time to feed the animals and the grands. Once the young'uns are off to school I'll be headin over Arcey's way to try out my antique equipment.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #383 on: Today at 03:06:32 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: November 20, 2014, 05:33:27 AM »
Good luck with that, LIT!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: November 20, 2014, 05:48:04 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

23,WC 8. Still dark ::)

Have an eye appt. this afternoon ::) 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #385 on: November 20, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 12, cloudy, and blustery. "Blustery. Partly cloudy. Scattered flurries. Nearly steady temperature around 14. West wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: November 20, 2014, 08:44:22 AM »
Brrrrrrr! That is COLD! You can keep the snow and the cold up there.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #387 on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:45 AM »
Had a chinook blow in here. Warmed up quite nicely.

Too bad i am back to work today.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: November 20, 2014, 01:37:26 PM »
I got my errands done early and had a late breakfast at a local restaurant. No lunch and no clue for supper.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: November 20, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »
Well, my eyes are still in my head ;D

Took the SIL's car, when I started it, the dang idiot light for tire pressure was on. Stopped at a tire place on my way home and had'em air'em up. When I told the guy what I needed, he said me and about 10,000 other people were having that problem.Cold weather change messes with the sensors ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »
Back out the garage 'n start down the street when it's cold out 'n my pressure light's lit. Point it towards the range, tires get warm it goes out. Get in ta go home after she's sat 'n the light's on. Get ta Wakefield 7 er 8 miles east 'n it's off the rest the way home. I quit werrin' 'bout it.

Had a grand time huntin' with cuz Tom this morn. Went ta the GC 'n caught HK on the branch where he likes ta take live things warm 'n fuzzy or cold 'n scaly 'n bodily rip 'em apart. A real photographer, Jim Yenello, was all set up 'n waitin' for HK ta fly. While I decided ta take pictures of a duck, HK hauled a$$. I got one shot. Took a walk along the river 'n found 'im in 'nother tree 'bout a hundred years from where 'e was. Was gettin' a shot lined up, shifted my stance 'n stepped inna freakin' hole. While I was cussin' the hole, HK vacated the premises.

No luck at other spots. Went 'n ate hot dogs.

Spaghetti w/ hunks of smoked sausage buried in it 'n grated Parmesan. Sandman's hidin' 'round the corner 'n be sneakin' up on my l'il ole self anytime now.....
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »
When I told the guy what I needed, he said me and about 10,000 other people were having that problem.Cold weather change messes with the sensors ::) ;)

In my day we were taught to look at the tire and see if it was low.   ::) ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2014, 08:20:31 PM »
If you don't know how to look at a tire and tell if it's low, You're probably a Yuppie!

If you don't know how to wear a Cowboy Hat, You're probably a Yuppie!

If your car is covered in stickers about saving everything from Whales to Snails, You're probably a Yuppie!

If you are standing in a foot of snow arguing about Global Warming, You're probably a Yuppie!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2014, 05:26:05 AM »
Baked some marinated salmon & shrimp last night and had  potatoes au gratin ( with and "e" ) served with....
turn out Con mucho gusto  :)

Coffee's up feels like 24 oz cup morning ....disappointment though the WAWA no longer offers biscuits & gravy ...replaced with chip beef 

just ain't the same gusto  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2014, 06:01:42 AM »
Mornin'.

Mid thirties 'n ain't much more comin'.

It'd be a good huntin' day but got stuff ta do gonna keep me here most the day. Guess the NE Florida cam'll be it.

Get the turkey out the freezer 'n stick it in the ice box to thaw. Doin' Beef Vegetable Soup (always capitalize Beef Vegetable Soup) for din-din. My favorite when there's a chill out.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #395 on: November 21, 2014, 06:45:30 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis -4 and partly cloudy. High of 25.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: November 21, 2014, 06:57:34 AM »
Morning, Thanks for the coffee!

Chores and eye exams on the menu for today. Maybe go order a new pair of glasses when we get done with the Doc.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2014, 06:58:08 AM »
Warm again this one. Low 60's expected.
Calling for more rain starting tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2014, 07:00:43 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I made another pot for later. Moose had a school thing last night. She brought home some BBQ sandwiches with potato salad and beans for supper. I put some Texas Pete on my sandwich. I bought a bottle on Arcey's recommendation. It is still new around here, it is made in North Carolina. Breakfast is later. I am shopping for a holster for my new revolver. No clue for lunch or supper.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2014, 07:19:00 AM »
If you don't know how to look at a tire and tell if it's low, You're probably a Yuppie!

If you don't know how to wear a Cowboy Hat, You're probably a Yuppie!

If your car is covered in stickers about saving everything from Whales to Snails, You're probably a Yuppie!

If you are standing in a foot of snow arguing about Global Warming, You're probably a Yuppie!

If you have an app one yer phone to tell you how many Kingsford coals to use on yer dutch oven your a freakin' yuppie.   

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mwls.oven
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com