Author Topic: turkey shoot ideas for awarding turkeys  (Read 3989 times)

Offline winchets

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
turkey shoot ideas for awarding turkeys
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:04:06 PM »
I'm holding a turkey shoot this month and I am trying to figure out some fun yet random ways of awarding the shooters. if we just used fastest time 1 or 2 of our members would will all the birds.

the following suggestions have been made but  I  need a few more

1st place shooter either overall or on a random stage
last place shooter either overall or a random stage
clean shooter      "                                               "
most missed targets ??

I could keep the categories a secret then award the turkeys at the end of each stage or the end of the shoot

this would prevent some of our characters from missing everything intentionally :0)

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
Re: turkey shoot ideas for awarding turkeys
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »
We do door prizes sometimes, same could apply to a turkey shoot. We have a bonus target, or often use the clay bird from a popper. Each shooter that hits the popper (or bonus) during the stage has there name put in a hat for a drawing at the end of the match. I like to use a deck of cards instead of names, hit the popper and draw a card at the unloading table, tear card in half, put one half in the spitoon and keep the other half for the drawing. Draw card from spitoon for the winner!! Folks seem to like this alot. Good Luck :)

Hmmm, in fact I think I'll do it at this months match ;).......maybe even three. 1. Turkey Breast.......2. Spiril Cut Ham.......and 3. anyone who did not hit the one of the two bonuses puts their name in for a last chance drawing for "One Free Match"  ;D

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy

ps; thanks for the idea
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »
I don't know how many awards you have but, cover a board with numbered tickets face down, stapled maybe. Shoot a ticket and you win the prize with that number on it.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:10:20 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 08:44:50 AM »
We used to do a poker shoot side match sometimes. Print cards on the some printer paper, staple it up card side not showing, shoot 5 shots on the back of the target. I think they used all face cards on the targets, and had them stapled up before anyone got to look at them, so they can't try to memorize it.

Offline winchets

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 07:52:56 AM »
Thanks guys those are some good suggestions. We  are a small club we my only have 10 -15 shooters this month and I think we have 4 prizes. I like the bonus idea. I also like the shoot the card target idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com