Author Topic: Armi Sport barrels vs. original Spencer barrels  (Read 2078 times)

Mor-Kik

Armi Sport barrels vs. original Spencer barrels
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »
Good morning -

I've been looking through a lot of the past topics on parts compatibility between the Armi Sport reproductions and original Spencers, but have not had any luck finding definitive comments on the barrels.

Coming at this from an unusual perspective - what's the potential for fitting an ORIGINAL barrel to a Armi Sport reproduction receiver?

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated!

Offline major

• Top Active Citizen
  • I shoot blanks out of my Spencer for reenacting!
    • 9th New York Cavalry
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Armi Sport barrels vs. original Spencer barrels
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:45:14 AM »
The threads on the Armisport are metric and the threads on the original are inch fractional.  Even if the opening were the same size the threads would not match up.  You might want to try The Alamo Gun Shop in NY he may be able to help you.
Terry
Free Mason
9th NYVC www.9thnycavalry.webeditor.com
155th NYVI http://155thny.org
Alabama Gun Slingers
Shadows of the old west reenactors
SASS Life Member
SCOPE Life Member
NRA Life member
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:09:51 PM »
Mor-Kik,

I have one Armi Sport copy of a Spencer Carbine.
Never had a reason to pull the barrel, so I can't offer you much help where the threads are concerned.
But I have an original Burnside M-1865 barrel that is dismounted from the receiver that I can measure for you if you want.
Aside from that, I have found very few Armi Sport parts that will interchange with any original firearms they are meant to copy. I have also found that Armi Sport parts will often not interchange within themselves for the same Model arm.
Hope this helps?
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:09:18 AM »

Offline El Supremo

• kevintinny@hotmail.com
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
Best answers will come from the person who has done considerable barrel work on Armi-Sports--- Larry Romano at Alamo Gun Shop. 
This is a heartfelt suggestion.  Please get to him and save yourself a lot of wheel spinning!  Then, please share with us what he tells you.
Respectfully, Kevin.
Pay attention to that soft voice in your head.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com