Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 180435 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Evenin' Y'all.  Got some hot liquids for those on night watch.

Del, you're making me hungry.  And you ain't helping, Arcey. ::)

I had fast Chinese for lunch because I forgot to make pb&j this morning.  Cost a whole $11 for a scoop of fried noodles with onions, and some chicken cooked in orange sauce, stuff.  Still better than Starbucks, though.

We should get our Subaru back tomorrow evening, finally.  Been two weeks, and 50 mile bus rides get really old really quickly.  Especially when you get stoned just for sitting at the opposite end of the bus as a "migrant trimmer." 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Coffee and tea are ready. Nice morning, heading out later for feed and bedding for the horses.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Thanks,LIT ;)

44 and dark here. Guesser's are saying rain later, and then the first appearance of that evil four letter word ::) :o

zhave to take the Hamstermobile to the shop later, it's developed a noise in the front suspension. Guess the chuckholes caught up with it. Still under warranty, though. :P :-X
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Arcey, That gumbo looks good, All it needs is a few shots of Texas Pete. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning LIT, I am having a Banana-Nut Muffin with my Cawffee. TK, I was surging the Internet, and looked up the Studebaker Museum in South Bend, Indiana. There are pictures of a lot of Studies. The Studebaker Brothers started out building Conestoga Wagons. I was able to tour the old museum several years ago while I was on a prisoner trip. I love going to museums, especially Military, Old Cars, and Old Airplanes. I would really like to get my hands on your Grandad's Pickup and get it running for you. We had a Studebaker dealership in my hometown, as I was growing up. My Dad was a self-taught mechanic and ran a Garage for 30 years.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

First sn*w of the season. Grass is covered. 'Tis 28. "Blustery. Colder. Partly cloudy. Scattered flurries in the morning. Highs in the upper 30s. North wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
M2, I love fried okra, I can't stand it boiled, unless it is in Gumbo. Slim, You can keep that snow up in your neck of the woods.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks, boys 'n mornin' ta ya.

Mid-sixties 'n gloomy out. Werks for Halloween. Hope it don't rain on the chrillen.

By its self I won't eat okra. Used inna soup or stew it cooks out 'n helps thicken the liquids. Really ain't much left of it texturally or flavor wise. Fat lady hadda look of horror on 'er face when she saw it. Tolt 'er ta get a small bowl ta toss 'em in when she picked 'em out. She ate a couple 'n pronounced 'em edible.

Pasta's in my head for the evenin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Okra, I'll eat it fire, sauteed in butter, steamed, in soups, pickled and even raw.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I will be eating some of that fried okra, and I am really looking forward to it. I had a blueberry muffin with my Cawffee, still trying to wake up.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Folks what don't go ta the off site pantries miss so much.

Jolly ole lady dressed as a clown. Costume had jack-O-lanterns on it. Said she'd have the face paint this evenin'. Very pleasant ta talk to.

'Nother, prolly late twenties. Pretty thing shoulders up. Let's say she ain't missed many meals shoulders down. Wearin' a ballerina outfit, complete with rhinestone tiara 'n a tutu.

Third. A fool my age or close wantin' ta be road kill for Halloween. Preparin' by ridin' a bike in traffic on Independence Blvd.

Had me an unused hunka smoked sausage, a wedge of sjarp cheddar ', fake, no fat Ritz crackers. Wash it down with no alcohol fake beer 'n call it lunch................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
You are right about the off site pantry.

Wasn't always a okra eater- am now mostly fried or in something like Arcey's plate. BTW all the food look good. Not bad skills for a bunch of old farts.

Smaller of the 2 shepards got into the commerical fire starters. Was up all night with her. She is perkier this morning. Got everything cleaned up.

Had time before work went to a local sporting good store reccomended by locals. Like DeGolffs or Greentop. Or some of the Box stores. Had a decent supply of powders but no titegroup. Had Titewad though. Primers were $30. @ brick.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
With this cool snap we have coming into our area the next day or so, I believe I'm going to do a cabbage.
I will use the red skin potatoes (skins on) and onion, like you started off with Major 2, but I plan to build it around the cabbage and Kielbasa sausage.
Should do well for our first cold weather.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Victoria had corn dogs from Sonic for lunch. No clue for supper tonight.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Victoria had corn dogs from Sonic for lunch. No clue for supper tonight.

You could of reminded us today was 50 cent corndog day at Sonic's. Drove by one on the way to work today.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
Got all the ingredients.... check
Red taters, onions, sausage, etc. ..... we'll see what I concoct !

"SHE" will be off on some "gal A vant"  Mañana

Guessers say 62°f High 44° next coupla days

Took a PTO come Monday gotta use up some off time, and another next Friday.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Happy "All Souls Day", y'all.  Thanks for the afternoon cuppa.  Glad to see all seem well, relatively speaking.  I'm keeping Stu in my "good thoughts basket"; hope your new battle scar heals up ok, Arcey.

Our weather has been mostly spectacular, if a little warmer than normal.  but, it is "scheduled" for a change as early as this evening; temps are gonna drop, wind is gonna blow, might rain, and there might be s**w on the mountains.  Had the a/c off most of the time the past week, but some afternoons, the temp inside gets up around 80 and stagnant, and I have to shut the place up and turn on the electricity eater for a few hours.

Reading about your gustatory adventures has my appetite piqued, at least in my head.  I like okra in most forms, except boiled alone, or cooked to goo.  In my estimation, the biggest problem with okra is that many folks just cook it too much; there seems to be a fine line, and it is real easy to cross it.  On the cornbread line, my preference is for mine to have just a touch of sweet to it, not so's it tastes like cake, but just a faint dulcet touch.  I think my late other-in-law was one of the best "from the shoulder" cooks I have ever known, and one of her specialties was cornbread.  One of her favorites was to finely chop red and green chilis, sweat them off in bacon leavin's, and add them to the batter.  She sweetened with sorghum, molasses, or Mexican piloncillo, a form of sugar they use down there, and only in her truly savory batter did she "not" add a touch of sweet.

I hope your evening goes well and that the candy gobblin's don't get you down.  Since we moved to this house, we've taken to setting ourselves up in the driveway and doling out the goodies a bit to each one.  There are a lot of kids in our neighborhood, and it is a regular tract style habitat with curbs, sidewalks , and streetlights, so a lot of folks are out and about on this evening each year.  We sort of got "spoiled" when we lived in the Sierras because our place was so rural; our nearest neighbors were nearly a quarter mile away, and all of us had relatively large pieces of acreage, and many miles from town, so there were seldom any trick-or-treaters out and about.  I think maybe two or three times in the years we lived there we got surprised on halloween; the dogs would go nuts, and we'd hear a few squeals of childish delight from out in the dark; I'd turn on the floods, and there would be a few kids standing out in the drive trying to keep the hauls they already had from the dogs, or a car would come down the road and the same scenario would occur.  Our other place here in Las Vegas was very similar, but not on the same grand scale, lots an acre or less.  Over there, the they would come in busses, with a lot of adults and flashlights, and they would "blitz" a block at a time - the blocks were a quarter mile long, no streetlights or sidewalks or curbs.  We would only stay "open" until 2000 hrs, and then I would close the gates and turn off the lights; those crowds could be real rowdy.

Well, I guess I ought to go see if I can do something somewhat productive.  Y'all take care and I'll see you sometime next month.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Our round of "beggars" is tomorrow evening from 5 to 7. Management is trying to limit it to ages 13 and under, we'll see how that one goes ::) :o :-X

Hamster's at the shop now, might have it back tomorrow, not really holding my breath on that one.

Tis raining here now,temp is 46 looking at the 30's for overnight. :P

Oldest granddaughter is here and we had pizza for supper ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I apologize to you, Roo, for not notifing you about the 50 cent corn dogs. I eat at Sonic about as much as I eat at home. Victoria and I like their corn dogs and chili dogs. No clue for supper tonight. The sticker on the Cadillac is due and today is the last day of early voting, so Moose will be late getting home tonight. This is NASCAR weekend at TMS, so we will steer clear of Fort Worth. Trucks tonight, Nationwide tomorrow, and Sprint Cup on Sunday.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
Evening, grands are over at the Sister in Law's, better neighborhood for trick or treating, the houses here are too far apart and the driveways are to long .

Wife and I are enjoying the quite. Had leftover spaghetti noodles with butter and garlic and sprinkled parmesan cheese on top for the noon meal, went and got Chinese this evening.

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
BTW all the food look good. Not bad skills for a bunch of old farts.

Ephasis on old.

Might wanna keep the pooch away from open flames 'til she's uhhh.... clean, Roo.

Bank I hit this AM's 'cross the street from a Sonic. Didn't know myownself.

Didn't have many beggars come by. She 'n I – or as one of our school board candidates said to a reporter, 'Her 'n me' – sat out for awhile but shut it down early. Come in 'n done some fresh angel hair, dressed with grated parm, a light sprinkle of garlic flakes 'n parsley, no butter. Swear I ain't talked ta cuz Tom 'fore I did.

Think I'll avoid Fort Worth too. At least 'til Monday mornin'.

Hey, EP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com