Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 180991 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Arcey, I hope your nose heals up. I had a take-out cheeseburger, fries, and a Coke Zero for lunch, while I was out doing errands. I gotta put a new set of tires on the Cadillac tomorrow. Moose has been doing too much Drag racing.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Got a thread going in my cooking group, getting long, I didn't add all the comments, but the ones relevant to making it.  Better living through science.  LOL   

Went and took inventory in the kitchen, wife was complaining the other night we keep eating the same thing, so I am going to invent something, if she don't like it, too bad. Film at 11.

OK, found a package of some sort of critter flesh, got it thawed enough to get a small piece off of it, sent that off to the lab for DNA tests to identify it, awaiting results. before further action.

Don't have no road kill left, I always mark the package, I suspect this is something bovine and from somewhere in the upper hind quarter, really need to know if is left side or right side.

OK, tests say it's sirloin, may be from the left side, checking out some tubers in a back in the cupboard, I'm guessing they are some sort of clone in the Nightshade family.

OK, tests came back, as I suspected the tubers are from a plant known as Solanum tuberosum and are definitely clones of a plant that Luther Burbank helped genetically modify in 1872.

OK, cut up the bovine flesh with my 125 year old Sheffield knife, got the deep 12" chicken fryer hot and did a Malliard reaction on said beef, added a couple types of ground seed and found a can of something called Beef Consommé in the cupboard, if I remember from my limited French that is a type of fancy broth.

Found some stuff on the shelf, label says it from the bulb of a plant in the amaryllis family and of the species Allium cepa. Tossed some in and put the lid on, it's sitting in the oven on 250 right now. A watched pot never boils, but a covered cast iron at that temp won't run dry for many hours either.

Found a whole package of something yellow and it's say Sharp Cheddar on it, may need further investigation. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I love it when a plan comes together!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:

Found a whole package of something yellow and it's say Sharp Cheddar on it, may need further investigation.

The potatoes (spelled with and e) are in the pan and in the oven, found some cream of fungus soup to add later.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Wife just called and asked if I had any ideas for supper, told here I was making it.   She asked what I was making and I told here it didn't have a name yet.    :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
Del, maybe you could call it Fred... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Del, maybe you could call it Fred... ;D ;D

An idea, "Dear, were having Fred for supper." ::)

OK, mixed the cheesy looking stuff with the fungus soup stuff, added some 1% milk in a box kinda like canned milk, I had in the cupboard, and since someone stole most of the cream out of it I found some of that cream that had gotten lactic bacteria in it, was left over from baked potatoes a few days back.  Mixed it all together in a bowl and poured in the skillet with the beef flesh and the cut up tubers and mixed, tossed it back in the oven for now.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Hmmmm...  Fred !   Pretty sure  :-\ ...that's what Fleming was making for dinner, when he discovered penicillin   ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The ground up grass seed turned out to be of the species Triticum aestivum most likely a descendant of the Turkey Red winter variety.  I mixed some with the chemically reactive powder; cut in some solid fat left over after making buttermilk and added some of that bovine lactic fluid from the box.  Mixed it, made the mess flat with a cylinder device made of petrified sea critters millions of years old, with tree stems sticking out the end.

Took the skillet out of the oven, turned up the oven to 350 and lade the whole mess on top, then put the lid back on and tossed it in the oven.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Hmmmmm..................Film at 11???????????????? ??? ::) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Wife just called, she is going to stop at the store for something on the way.  Told her were having Fred for supper, she said someting about it not being Friday or she'd stop at KFC for fried chicken guts. :P

Well that's not exactly what she said. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Fred is done, waiting for the wife to get home, but it needs to rest under the lid anyway.

Beef, potatoe, cheese and sour cream pot pie with a butter biscuit crust.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Fred never looked so good

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Your meal sounds Purdy good. Rita can always stop at KFC if she doesn't want to eat what you fixed for supper, more to eat tomorrow.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thankee, Tex. Glue thing's set up. Ain't stickin' ta nothin' no more.

The birth of Fred. Such a beautiful thing. Got misty lookin' on.

This here was chicken 'n sausage gumbo:

Wasn't bad. 'Nuff left for lunch. Don't wanna be a one trick pony but if I'm gonna take the time ta put sumthin' tagether I'd rather it be Beef Vegetable or one of the others. Filin' this'n away 'n tryin' sumthin' else next time I wanna 'speriment.

Did bread 'n swapped out the all purpose for wheat flour. Think I like it better.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
Looks good Arcey!

Fred sounds good too Del.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Looks good.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Evenin' y'all.

Today was my dads big 5-0.  Didn't have anything to do with Hawaii, though (y'all got the television reference, right? ::)  )

I blew a toddler's mind today at Barnes and Noble.  I pulled a quarter out of my pocket, then made it disappear, and reappear in the other hand.  Some facial expressions are reserved only for toddlers. :)

--TK
I'll be 5-0 at the end of the year.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Was good, plenty for tomorrow night.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Can't do ....Okra....  just can't
Granddad said , the only way was .... " dip in batter, rolled in corn meal , fried crisp , and thrown the hell out ! "   

Gonna do my sausage concoction tomorrow, when I'm off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com