Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 180397 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Albertsons sold out to Publix here in gunshine state
Albertsons LLC  closed 13 of its 17 stores in Florida, as well as a limited-line distribution center.
just 4 left and the closest is 50 miles  ::)

Publix &  Winn Dixie are the heavy hitters of the better quality chains.
Walmart of course, and Save o Lot, but  ::)  and we have British Co, called Aldiis ...they even rent the shopping carts to you.

Gonna give this a try

Smoked Sausage & potatoes in the crock pot

Cut Red potatoes into wedges. You can leave the skins off or on (we like them on) throw them in the pot.
Cut a 2 Onions in hunks and into the pot.
Cut sausage into 1/4" slices and throw them into the pot.

In a bowl blend softened cream chees, cream of celery soup and envelope of dry ranch dressing mix. Pour over Potatoes and sausage.

cook on low 6-8 hours
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
That sounds purdy good, M2.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
There ya go, M2. Keep cookin'.

Missed the pic the Maj posted this mornin'. Reckon he wears the headgear ta protect hisownself from gettin' 'is lights punched out by someone he offended. Wonder how that feels.

Watched the mail dude leave with a good hunka my coin. Left behind junk. Gotta piece from a Nissan store Monday. Got one each from Mazda 'n Honda stores taday. They're in desperate need of 'pre-owned' vehicles. Specifically named the station wagon ('...vehicles like your 4Runner') as what they want 'n offerin' a thousand over book. Can't help but wanna know where they got the owner info.

Lunch be done, back ta werk...
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
That sounds good,M2 ;)

54 and sun here. Had some fairly heavy rain last night, maybe a little thunder mixed in ::)

Arcey, maybe they got info from BMV records( license plates,etc.)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Major 2 got mine on 5 drumsticks the smoked sausage diced up and onion and half a butternut squash. Will add rice later. Got a can of purple hull beans instead of black to go in a few minutes.
We have Publix here also. Nice stores little pricey like Arcey, Harris Teeters.
Drizzly out still- gonna change battery in the mobile mowing machine and call it movie time.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Today’s warming back up to the mid 70’s.  The wife’s gardenias, petunias and roses still looking good in the backyard.  I guess they don’t know that by Saturday the weather is going to be a bit more seasonal and they may get snowed on.

M2 may have to try that soon.  I think I've got the ingredients hiding around here somewhere.  I always cook my taters clothed (except for the mashed version)!

The menu tonight is baked dinner.  Baked meat loaf, baked mac and cheese, and baked beans.

Gonna do beer brats and tater salad on Friday for Halloween.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Russ, Your meal sounds good too.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Think they stopped the DMV info when the anti-stalkin' thing got popular, Buck. Wanna know ya gotta go thru the courts. Government's a buncha crooks but just ain't thinkin' so.

Thinkin' it could be someone havin' a data base w/ info provided by the dealerships that can search 'n retrieve info on what was sold when 'n to who within specified ZIP codes. Interestin'. Reckon I shouldn't gripe if it provides some folks with jobs.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I get stuff from Chevy and GMC dealerships, because I own both a Chevy and a GMC truck.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Get stuff from Toyota regular. Throw 'em away. Ain't gotta Nissan er Mazda. Last Honda titled ta me is Andi's 'n it's been titled ta her several years now.

She didn't have a want for nothin', me neither. She did some Weight Watchers frozen thing. I cubed up a couple slices of left o'er chicken breast 'n tossed 'em in Lipton's powdered noodle stuff. Dressed it up with Parsley.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
We had Spinach Ravoli and a salad for supper tonight. I washed it down with a couple of Coronas.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Was off yesterday, had a pile of stuff to put away from the guy I spent an hour helping on Friday for his Halloween party.  Figure he wore it and returned it, be more after.   ::)

Got one of those Brit places, ain't been there, like my local chain, got enough points for at least 3 turkeys next month and got 26 cents off the last tank of gas, paid $2,76 for it, get 1 cent every $10, helps some, got dog food Monday on the way home, told the nice young man I could carry it, the boss told me I was too nice to him.   ;D   

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
My stew/ soup with no name came out pretty good. Got some reserved for lunch tomorrow and filled a freezer bag with balance. Maybe 2 quarts. I might of canned it but was too lazy.

Changed the battery in the mower. I think i need to trace tthe brake safety switch in it and clean or replace it. Too wet to mow today but i got it where i can start it. 
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Evenin' y'all.

Today was my dads big 5-0.  Didn't have anything to do with Hawaii, though (y'all got the television reference, right? ::)  )

I blew a toddler's mind today at Barnes and Noble.  I pulled a quarter out of my pocket, then made it disappear, and reappear in the other hand.  Some facial expressions are reserved only for toddlers. :)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Posta rain today, then 79°& 55° Friday, we'll see.  :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mornin'.

L'il nicer taday. Hadda decent rain o'ernight

Early appointment ta get the stitches out the nose. Gotta pair stakin' out an area near the office. Know a few places where they hang out when they ain't hidin'. Try'n find 'em on the way back. Seen 'em alone a couple times. Ain't caught 'em together yet.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Don't know if we've kicked the cornbread and sweetener thing around before, don't matter I make it both ways, often two ovens full one with, one with out to make everyone happy.  With usually has sorghum syrup in it, sometimes plain molasses, rarely brown sugar, or honey, never white sugar.   

Anyway a discussion was going on elsewhere and I as resident food historian pointed out most all pre-Civil War recipes no matter the region, call for sugar or other sweetener Some of them using so much it makes that yaller cake at Famous Dave's seem bland.  Come to the conclusion like several other food things it must be Uncle Billy's fault, like Black Eyed Peas on New Years and Oatmeal Pie, (discussions for another time ain't trying to pee in anyone's unfounded legends today. ;)

Anyway I solved the cornbread problem:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I do not like sweet cornbread. I like my cornbread with pinto beans and black eyed peas. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning, I had a blueberry muffin with my Cawffee this morning.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
One more day of mid 70s, then we start coolin’ down.

The baked dinner turned out fine!  In case you’re wondering about the two bowls of beans, I like mine with extra brown sugar and she-who-still works doesn’t. 
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
like mine with extra brown sugar and she-who-still works doesn’t. 

Gots one them. 'Cept this'n'd want the extra sweet stuff 'n I don't. If we're both gonna eat it, sumthin' in the middle has ta be struck.

Stitches out. Now I gotta glue strip o'er it. Nurse sez, 'By the time you get to the parkin' lot it'll be dry 'nuff not to stick to your sunglasses.' Wrong. They stuck to it. Kinda figured it 'n eased 'em off.   

Found one adult bird sittin' onna power transmission tower. Too far off ta take a picture with my camera. Reckon it coulda been NC passin' thru. He's been hauntin' the area near his birth place past few days 'n that used ta be one his favorite places.  Either way it weren't the pair I was huntin'.

Got the chicken/smoked sausage gumbo thing goin'. Should be interestin'.

Changed out the dimmer switch in the dinin' room. Other'n quit dimmin' the lights not long ago. Quit doin' anythin' t'other day. Gonna donate it to the city. Taday if the dude ain't dumped the can yet.

Havin' a decadent lunch of tuna 'n no fat crackers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com