Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 180419 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mornin'.

'Bout the same out as yestitty...

Gonna run out 'n see what kinda fun I can get inta.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Starting off cool and clear this morning.  Just another work day here so will be limited to how much i can enjoy it.
I will enjoy this cup of coffee first.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Off today, cool and light breeze... 'xpect I'll do some reloading 

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Clear and sunny here this morning, supposed to get up near 80 today and tomorrow.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Hope Slim is cleansing the feilds of Chinese Chixs this morning.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
55 here this morning and not supposed to get too much warmer.  They are saying 40% chance of rain, but don’t see anything but severe blue in the sky.  The fake rain stays on for now.

The deep fryer was busy last night!  Fish fries and puppies.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
That fried fish looks good. I have finished off the Cawffee and switching to unsweetened iced tea. I had some toast earlier with the Cawffee. No clue for lunch or supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Good mornin' y'all.

Ah, I am well slept in (didn't get up until 1040), nicely coffeed, and slightly wet.  I took some recycling out to the porch, and there is rain.  Thursday, it was pouring quite heavily (2 inches in 24hrs).  Yesterday, blue skies.  Today, raining.  Gotta love weather.

I read a book yesterday, and I think y'all would will have a similar reaction as I did.
This book said that the musket was the primary firearm of the civil war.  It says that these muskets are highly inaccurate, because they had no rifling, and the ball would bounce around inside the barrel "like a pinball."  And it claimed that the war would have ended sooner if the soldiers had rifles - which weren't invested until after Gettysburg.  ???   Don't know where they got their information, but I had to sort of laugh.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The rifling in the barrel changed everything in modern warfare. The range and accuracy was greatly improved.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Info from 150 year old documents and reliable information
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Darn...stupid technology.  I meant to say "invented"  not "Invested."
Gotta love auto correct.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Using modern weapons with old tactics made both the Civil War and WWI deadly.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
As I recall rifled barrels were used as far back as the Revolutionary War.  The Kentucky and Pennsylvania long rifles come to mind. They were used to take out British officers much to the chagrin of the British who thought just wasn't cricket (or the proper way to fight a war, like hiding behind trees and bushes and shooting into British columns).
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Trying something new for supper tonight.  Barbecued Beef  Brisket.  Been slow cooking both on the grill and in the oven since about 10 PM this morning.  Just opened it and gave it a taste.  Tender as all get out.  Now waiting on the company to show up to get a final opinion.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Save me some i'll be on my way
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
Made Chili con Carne with beans on the side, was real good, only thing missing was cornbread... :(
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
You should have said something sooner, Major! Still got half a pan of cornbread here, left over from yesterday.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Roo

Sorry to say that I didn't even get a chance to take a picture.  Been all et’ up.  Used only half and still have the other half in the freezer.   I’ll let you know when it comes out of the freezer and give you a heads up.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
BeefBrisket is a Texas tradition. I need to buy a smoker and enjoy some of my own.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
I had brisket myself today yesterday (having looked at the clock) good morning  :)
I best go punch the coffee makers buttons...

so...back to the brisket, place called Fatboy's ( I think it may be a chain beyond Florida  :-\ )
anywat I got the Pig Deal ( play on Sonny's Big Deal)

Fatboy's though , put's Brisket,  pulled pork, Cole slaw & two ribs on big bun ( take the ribs, off of course, before ya chomp down )
fries , and ice tea , $9. 00 mighty good, added an ear "o" corn too.

Loaded some 38 S&W with 8 Grains of BP, and shot a few though my Circa 1901 S&W New Departure ( lemon squeezer )
Ear to ear smiles  ;D
I have my dedicated reloading room/man cave, build out all but complete ( working, but still populating the walls with currio's & photos) and under air cond.
It's out in the garage/barn, I can go out there and detach myself from flow of Ra Ra lady friends "SHE" has drop by...

well, no clue what to do...today , maybe reload the 38's I shot yesterday , and some 44's I have cleaned up....
I should have got into reloading years ago .... ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com