Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 180411 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I've seen ours go down, they drag out a couple calculators and hand write recipets, got an old time credit card roller, call it in on the 800 #, slows down a bit, bosses also run registars and we do OK.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The younger folks are totally dependent on computers.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I drive the kids crazy at the other 2 stores, they call looking for a hat and try to give me the SKU # and I tell them just tell me what it is and I'll go get it, 95% I can find quicker that way than looking them up.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Supposed to be almost 70 today, warmer tomorrow, then we start cooling off to the low to mid 60’s.

Don’t have to cook tonight as we have leftover cheesy chicken and rice casserole from yesterday, but I’ve decided on the menu for Friday:  Beer battered fish, hush puppies and French fries.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Russ,

That sounds pretty good.

I am looking a doing cabbage here in the next few days.
Depends on how cool the weather may be.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I had Taco Bell take-out for lunch, no clue for supper. It has been pleasant today, I've to the ceiling fans on just to move the air around.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It's nice to see and old friend make the big time, Grandpa bought a 1948 Ferguson TE-20 in about 1960 (E means assembled in England, the Racine plant would come a little later.)   Told a little boy his name was Mr. Ferguson, we still have him, Grandpa passed in 85 dad in 06 so Mr Ferguson is ours now, used him this weekend, one of the most famous tractors in the world, Slim has his slightly bigger American Cuzzin.   TA-30.   Ours is one if not the oldest un-restored one left in the country still being used, he ranked 9 in 1994 when dad entered the 50 Anniversary search. 

Later some red ones converted to tracks went to the South Pole with Sir Edmund Hillary in 1957.   

Anyway he has his own TV show now.   

http://www.littlegreyfergie.com/meet

I wish Dad and Grandpa were still around and could watch it with my Grandkids, gonna have to show them when they are over next time.

Picture is my brother smoothing out one of our roads and sawing wood.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Del, That's a neat deal about the family tractor. We never had a new tractor, Dad would buy tractos that needed repairs of some sort. We would use them for a while and he would sell them.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Good to see it still working, Del. Wouldn't OSHA have a cow about the way people used to saw wood? Probably doesn't even have a warning not to saw yourself on it. Just out in the barn earlier working on the old A Farmall, Didn't run it all summer, and now the carb is messed up again. Tried to take it apart to clean it, and of course the gasket came off in pieces. Gasket is all mushy, thinking maybe it doesn't like the alcohol gas we have down here. It's about wood cutting season, and I like to use it to pull a trailer around hauling wood.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It sounds like you have some Carburetor work ahead of you, PE. I sat at my work bench and took them apart and put them back together.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Yup, have to stop after work and get another carb kit for it. Been about a year and a half or so since I did it last time. Hate to buy the whole kit, since it's just 2 gaskets and a needle and seat, and the last one the needle and seat didn't fit.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
That's a great looking old tractor Del.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
PE, when you get the carb kit pick up some "Star-Tron Enzyme fuel treatment",It will counteract the ethanol in the gas and help the carb last longer A 8 ounce bottle will treat 48 gallons of gas
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Been busy today. Had an employee appreciation meeting this morning in Poland,O. Up at 5 and out working in the dark so we could leave a little after 7 to be there at 9. Got back close 1 and then did some more repairs. ::)

They fed us a decent breakfast there at a country club by a lake. Beautiful view from the dining area ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
I'll be praying, Stu.

Leaving after verk tomorrow for Chinese chicken chasing in SD. Be coming back next Wednesday.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Evenin' Y'all.

I'll put on a night pot for y'all nighthawks.

Had a Spanish test today.  I think I did okay.  ::)  After that, while waiting for the bus, I read a book that is a compilation of Abraham Lincoln's speeches and official letters.  It was pretty interesting, though it got old after two and a half hours. :-\

The Subaru is going to the mechanic tomorrow.  He's the best in town, and a friend of ours (his brother-in-law was my dad's best friend in high school).  He should have it done by Tuesday.  I hope.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The Cawfee and Hot water are ready to drink. Enjoy! Too early for breakfast. I woke up at 0400 for a plumbing check and could not go back to sleep.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Ditto @ 5:AM ... coffee will be helpful  :)

I have a Law Enforcement show  http://www.theiacpconference.org/iacp2014/public/enter.aspx
to oversee installation.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
Thanks for the coffee!  Need to set up some T posts and run electro tape from the paddock to the round pen today. Most of my pards will be heading to Waverly for the Sussex County Range Wars 2 day match.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

40 and dark here. Supposed to be dry for the next few days ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com