Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 181005 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Get your self a safety shield like you'd use while running a grinder or lathe ..

Prolly a l'il late ta pick one up in my prescription. Kinda helps ta see the sights.......

Like the goobermint i am here to help.

Uhhhhhhh...... yeah.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
almost fergot, had to go see the vampire this morning, arrived 7:30, done before 8, home by 8:30, pancakes and bacon waiting when I get here. Rest of the day off, since rural carriers can only take full days of vacation or sick leave. I'm not complaining, though.....

Off again for tomorrow, see the results and get poked and prodded. See if they think I'll last another year.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
I fixed some toast to go with my third cup of Cawffee. No clue for lunch.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
We've had a cold rain /mist all day so far. Current temp is 49.

Had a large chef's salad for lunch, thing was really loaded :o ::)

Have a large pot of eastern style chili( beans, sorry Del) on the stove simmering now. At least there's some pintos in it, does that count? ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Real Chili don't have BEANS!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Real Chili doesn't have any meat in it either.
Just stewed chili peppers, fresh or dried, green or red.

I happen to like all the garbage we non-Natives like to put in our, what we call, Chili.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 124
it does if you're making Chili con carne... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Not the real deal!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
Or Chili cheese Queso dip!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Last I knew "Con Carne" meant "with Meat"  ??? ???
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Don't have any chili on the agenda, either real or with beans. But there is a roast with some taters and carrots in the slow cooker. Wife started it before she left for town to get her weekly "Mall Fix" Fortunately the weather is perfect for staying outside so as not to be tortured by the aroma.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
it does if you're making Chili con carne... ;D ;D

Let us just keep this secret to the believers like you and I. And Major 2 is correct. I can say spagetti doesn't belong in chili
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Let us just keep this secret to the believers like you and I. And Major 2 is correct. I can say spagetti doesn't belong in chili

Elbow macaroni does.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
 ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The folks in Cincinatti like Chili on their Spagetti.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The aroma of roasts o'er 'taters 'n carrots slow cookin'll drive me slam crazy.......................

Done yard bird breasts coated in bread crumbs, grated parmesan 'n paprika, baked in the oven. Got the wild rice from Uncle Ben.

Wanted a green leafy thing 'n couldn't find none I liked the looks of. Dumped a can of collards 'n one of turnip greens in the tiny red one with the only salt pork I had 'n finely diced up a small red 'tater ta dump in the mix. Weren't the best but they weren't bad either. Had a bowl it dinner 'n one for desert.

Twix she 'n me three hunks of a fresh-out-the-big-black-crock-pot loaf of bread is history.

I'm done.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Elbow macaroni does.  ;D

Slim

chili con carne or chili con frijol  or in Slims case chili con carne con frijol con pasta. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
OK, I've often had to explain this before, and I will have to keep doing it.

The History of Chili

Chili, often called “a bowl of red or chili con carne” and was invented in Texas, back when it was spelled Tejas, many think chili is Mexican.   Mexico does not claim it, the have their own dishes using chili peppers.  When folks from back east first started to settle in Tejas there was no Super Wal-Marts so they had to fend for themselves.   

What they did have was meat and chili peppers which grew wild, along with wild onions and some European herbs planted by monks who had came from Spain.  Among those herbs were cumin, oregano, and the one who’s leaves are called cilantro and the seeds are called coriander.   These were mixed and cooked into a stew and was well liked by most.  Meat could be cow, pig, and deer or about anything the walked, crawled, flew or swam. 

We will fast forward, we all know the story, Tejas gained their independence, changed the j to an x, became a state, decided not to be a state and then became a state again.  After they became a state again they had a lot of cattle, so many cow critters that they weren’t worth anything in the state.  But Yankees didn’t have much beef and there was a railroad in Kansas that went back east. 

So Texans rounded up cattle and drove them north, inventing both the chuck wagon and the cosie to cook out of it.  This is a whole ‘nuther story for another day.

So the Texans came back with a lot of Yankee gold and could buy lots of things with it, including the new-fangled canned goods called airtights.  The peaches were well liked along with the canned milk since Texans didn’t like to milk wild longhorns.  The problem was the tamaters, the poor cosie didn’t know what to do with them. 

Well one cosie got tired of the boss complaining about all the cases of canned tamaters piling up in the cook shack decided to try something, opened some cans and tossed them in the chili.  At supper time he told the cowboys to eat it or they would end up like the cowboys in the Monte Walsh movie.  So even though both versions were years in the future, they knew it couldn’t be good, so they ate it and they liked it.

So at the next meeting of the cosie’s union our hero told the rest about it and tamaters ended up in a lot of chili.  Soon others from other parts of the country came to Texas (still spelled with an x) and liked it also.  Soon chili got to being made in other parts of the country, folks in Texas made and sold mixed spices called chili powder and even sold canned chili. 

Places called chili parlors sprang up selling all you can eat chili, this made a lot of folks happy because it was a cheap meal.  Then Wall Street crashed and things got hard, to make a profit, the chili parlors often used less meat, used ground meat, added beans and tomato juice instead of canned maters.   To add bulk they also started serving soda crackers with it.  Some folks up north even added macaroni to it. 

So the moral of this story is never put beans in your chili or folks will think you are cheap.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Bravo Del,Bravo, as Tensleep always told me, "Beans are a side dish"
On another note, it seems I had my best shoot of the year last Sunday.Not only did I shoot it clean,But I came in 3rd overall and 1st in category had a total of about 50 shooters.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Good shootin', Maj.

Mornin'.

Low end of sixty sumthin' 'n rain. No complaint if that's what we get. Wash job on the station wagon Friday past is gone ennyways. Did get the stuck bird out the front end.

Werkin' on a chilli with fish sticks. Ain't quite got it where I want it but we're close. Thinkin' the introduction of jelly beans'll put it o'er the top. Bon appētit!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com