Author Topic: Style of rifle legal for side matches  (Read 2810 times)

Style of rifle legal for side matches
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:45:54 PM »
I'm looking to purchase a rolling block rifle for side matches.  I'm looking at a couple of models, one of which has a set trigger (Creedmore Style), and the other has a standard single trigger configuration.  I prefer the set trigger configuration, but don't know if it would be legal.

Any thoughts on this?

Re: Style of rifle legal for side matches
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:44:46 PM »
Nobody knows if set triggers are legal?  I'm talking about a sanctioned SASS shoot where there might be a side match for single shot rifles?

Offline ChuckBurrows

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 03:26:39 PM »
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:09:16 AM »

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »
Thanks Chuck

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »
Rolling block triggers are generally very heavy as manufactured.  Set triggers are nice and not that much difference in price when you buy the gun.  Should you decide to retrofit a single to set trigger we are talking some pretty savage $$$.
Lee Shaver does a Rolling Block Trigger job and only needs the trigger housing, hammer and the breach block sent to him.   Cost is $85.  My rifles parts are at his place right now getting the trigger job.  Will post in the BROW forum when I get it back and tell you how much better I think the trigger is. 

Prior to the trigger job I was getting some pretty crumby groups that I believe were more due to the heavy trigger than the intrinsic inaccuracy of the rifle.  This too I shall report on once I get the rifle back and too the range.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com