Author Topic: Had to do Over!  (Read 8369 times)

Offline West Longer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Had to do Over!
« on: October 29, 2005, 12:30:42 PM »
Howdy all ya Lawdawgs

If you had a chance to do it all over again, would ya go back down the Lawdawg trail? Or what would of ya gone for?
Me, I think I would have done the money trail. Like Brain Surgeon or 00 Spy! ;D
Happy Trails & Shoots
West Longer

SASS 46427  LASSOOS #77
Bold 339       BOSS #143
Warthog
NRA
SUDDS #52
RATS #205
P.W.D.F.R. #114

Offline California Lawdawg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Had to do Over!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:22:39 PM »
I would do it over again iffen I could drop about 45+ years. ;D I enjoyed being involved in Law Enforcement and after 33 years saw too many changes going on.  :o  Give me the good old days anytime.....

Lawdawg

Offline Tascosa

• Very Active Citizen
  • Amarillo, Texas-The heart of cattle country
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 09:35:38 AM »
Yep I'd do it all over again. Spent 30 years in LE not counting the 4 years in the Air Police.
But I would want to start back when I did 30 years ago, not today.
LE has changeds too much over the past years and not for the better.
Tascosa
Ex-feedlot cowboy (ret)
Ex-cowboy (ret)
Ex-Sheriff's Sgt. (ret)
Ex-Chief of Police (ret)
BOLD 476

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:35:53 PM »

Offline Maryland Marshal

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 04:10:49 PM »
I sure wouldn't want to be startin' out today.  I've discouraged my kids when they showed any interest.  Tood bad-I miss the old days too.
BOLD #686
SASS #67310
GOFWG #276
GAF
"That ain't shootin' - that's killin'."

Offline Sheriff A.E. Moses

• Very Active Citizen
    • Millbrook Wranglers
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 10:36:36 AM »
Yep, like everyone else, I would do the LE trail if I could do a restart in 1972. But I would go for the Fed side because of the money. Retirement from local LE is not very compatible when to comes to buying food and medicine.
On one hand, I feel sorry for the newbies now, but I also admire them because they are so much better trained and educated than when I started. I rest easily at night knowing those people are out there kicking butt and taking names with technology we never dreamed of!
Sheriff A.E. Moses
First Duly Elected Sheriff
Graham County Kansas
~:~1880 - 1881~:~
Cowboy Action Shooter
~:~1999 - 2011~:~
=-=B.O.L.D. - 14=-=
http://www.millbrook.ruraltel.net

Offline Tascosa

• Very Active Citizen
  • Amarillo, Texas-The heart of cattle country
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 10:17:12 AM »
Sheriff, my daddy taught me ifn' yer goin' to kick butt, ya don't need to take names!
Was he wrong? ;D
Tascosa
Ex-feedlot cowboy (ret)
Ex-cowboy (ret)
Ex-Sheriff's Sgt. (ret)
Ex-Chief of Police (ret)
BOLD 476

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 03:29:17 PM »
I got into this work later in life than most. If I could do it over I'd have started much younger!!!

Sheriff, the money on the fed is better, but the frustrations are worse!!!!!!!!!!! :-\ It's a two edged sword ;)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Ned Pepper GB

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 04:01:13 PM »
Nope Nope well maybe!

I was young and felt invinceable in those days (1968) and somehow had a calling, thought I could put the world to rights, loved the early years, gave it my all.

If I had to do it all again,(and was YOUNGER!!) yes OK, but not here in the UK. I am sure some of the boys and girls have the same calling that I had but on the whole the Police Service over here is held in very low esteem by the public. Poor Leadership, Poor Law makers (POLITICIANS) Very Inneficient (SAD)

I had some of the good years.

Ned Pepper
BOLD 452
SCORRS
Picketts Hill Marshal

Ned Pepper GB
Picketts Hill Marshals
Sootlord
BOLD 452
SCORRS
RATS

Offline B. Butch Cavendish

• Very Active Citizen
    • Arizona Cowboy shooters Association
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 02:08:17 AM »
 After a run when I was younger I was out of the profession for many years. And just returned a few years ago. I to wish I was younger, stronger, faster and better trained. I have done alright for myself, but have to work twice as hard to keep up.
Butch Cavendish was the first lone Ranger bad guy. Arizona Rangers, Sons of confederate veterans, William Clarke Quantrill Society. Outlaw, lawdog, merchant, mercenary, Preacher. "Too mean to forgive, Too mad to forget."

Offline Utah Bob

• Top Active Citizen
    • Lazy Bob Ranch
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 07:04:45 PM »
Got 112 days left. I'll let you know. ;)
Rocky Mountain Warthog
BOLD #1
GAF #6
Proprietor - Lazy Bob Ranch
No cattle, No crops, No problem

Offline Baron von Haltomstadt

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 01:43:11 PM »
I didn't get started 'til late. I was in my early 30s when I got my first position. I spent 1/2 of my LE career (29 years - Jan 1, 2007) working outside and 1/2 inside. If I had the ability to do it over again, I would never have left motors. That was the best 10 yrs of my life (I still practice the 'motor-jock walk' on occassion - usually in the confines of our home, long after the wife's asleep <g>)!

I retired once, in Dec 2001. 12 weeks later, I was working again. I have 3 years, 6 months, and 17 days left 'til permanent retirement, but I'm not keeping track.
Terry  
AKA: Baron von Haltomstadt
(Formerly: Marshal Dusty Drywash)
North Central Texas Territories
BOLD RATS SASS NRA-Life USFA-CSS STORM SCORRS BOSS

Slim Silver

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 03:05:46 PM »
Well...today is may last day.  Just pulled the plug.  I have excepted another position in the private sector and am looking forward to it.  Sure will miss it though.  You guys are right I would do it over if I could start back three decades ago.

Offline Wiley Desperado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »
this is a question I have thought about a lot.  In December I will complete 37 years of full time law enforcement service and plan on pulling the pin at the end of April, 2006.  To go down this road again in todays world I would have to have a whole different frame of mind.  My question is, isn't it like that in every occupation?  there is no way on earth that I would survive as a street officer in todays world with my 61 year old mind set...However, when I was a youngster I knew some officers who had started in Law enforcement back in the thirties, and they couldn't understand how we were going to get along in the crazy world of the late 60's, I guess there must be a master plan... 

Offline Olin Broke

• Citizen
  • Olin Broke and Fancy Penny
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 09:51:08 PM »
I'm new to CAS City and this forum stuff.  Yup, I'm a Lawdawg.  Been involved since early '68.  Done the City, State and am still working at the Fed thing.

Would I do it again.  Yup!  Always wanted to be in LE since I was in short pants. :)

I have a question for you folks already involved in BOLD.  What's involved in join'n?  I need another badge.

I'm called "Doc Don"  couldn'd think of anything original.  The Wife and I are homestead'n in our skinny house on wheels, in El Paso.  That's west of the Pecos for all you city folk.

I'm plann'n on retiring as soon as the new horse is paid for.  Then we'll put the skinny house on the trail and visit some of the shoots.

Keep the pointy end pointed down range Pards.

Doc Don
MM: Wallace Hughston, TX
Noble: El Maida, TX
SASS #68555
Rio Vaqueros, NM Territory
Bold: #716
Dirty Rat: 273

Offline Utah Bob

• Top Active Citizen
    • Lazy Bob Ranch
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 06:51:56 AM »
Doc, simply mosey on over to our website and fil out the eelektronic application. http://www.boldlawdawgs.com  ;D
Rocky Mountain Warthog
BOLD #1
GAF #6
Proprietor - Lazy Bob Ranch
No cattle, No crops, No problem

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com