Author Topic: Omnipotent and pre war models  (Read 2774 times)

Offline curdog

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Omnipotent and pre war models
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Guys I have a chance to do some trading. The other guy has an omnipotent and pre war both in 45colt with 5-1/2" barrels. What are realistic prices for these models? Not gunbroke prices. And which would you want the most. I don't do cowboy action shooting. Just wanting a good shootin revolver. I have a Rodeo and like it but those color case hardened frames are hot looking. How do those bird head grips feel on the Omni. Thanks.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Omnipotent and pre war models
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
Greetings Curdog!
Price is somewhat subjective and I would imagine that you are going to get a variety of opinions here.  Assuming that the guns in question are the later, all US production and in "brand new" condition, I would say around $1200 for the SAA and a few hundred more for the Omni-Potent due to its collector value.
If you are planning on doing a lot  of shooting, I would definitely stick with the SAA.  The Omni, while neat looking, feels awkward (at least to me) and does not balance as well in the hand.
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline curdog

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »
Thank you CJF. I was wondering about the omnipotent. It does look cool but didn't know how it would actually feel. I haven't seen them in person yet.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:35:13 AM »

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:39:06 PM »
I won't speculate on the pricing but will agree with the Capt on the Omni.  I found it to be an uncomfortable gun to shoot.  The grips are very narrow and not much to hold on to.  If you're going to move forward on either of these, the seial numbers will tell you the parts make up.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:58:06 PM »
I'm also not going to speculate on price.  I'm a shooter and not a collector and feel the current prices being asked and in some cases paid are wildly insane. 
I must "pile on" to what Gary G said about the Omni.  Some years back I fell deeply in lust for the Omni.  Bought a pair in .45 and they were real difficult to shoot well.  I sold em, and bought a pair in .38 Spl.   Dumb.  They were just as uncomfortable to shoot as the .45s were.  Sold em as quick as I could.  I can't, in all good conscience, recommend an Omni for anything other than an engravers canvas.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com