Author Topic: Ford vs Chevy debate  (Read 8124 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Ford vs Chevy debate
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
Ford vs Chevy

Thanks Gary at GG.com
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ford vs Chevy debate
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »
Mebbe the boy wit da Chivvy Sivraher should bow ta the alter ah the thief ta get a chassy 'n a l'il power. Get 'im a himmy er sumptin' ta pull dat Foad.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
Mebbe the boy wit da Chivvy Sivraher should bow ta the alter ah the thief ta get a chassy 'n a l'il power. Get 'im a himmy er sumptin' ta pull dat Foad.

Or just quit!
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:20:48 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 03:41:07 PM »
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
I like both, The 55-57 Chevys, the 58 Impala, and the 62 Bel-Air "Bubble Top" 409. The 55-57 T-birds, the 63-64 Fastbacks, the 64-70 Mustangs, Shelby Mustangs.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
You could set that up to go any way you wanted, if anyone thinks that Chevy wasn't set up to fall apart would also send their money to some African Princess to get half her fortune.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:52:54 AM »
Heh, heh, heh..............

Amusin' run, Roo.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 06:46:14 AM »

Yea...Kermit  !  choak'n' a Chicken stork will save ya !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
Heh, heh, heh..............

Amusin' run, Roo.

Yep!
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 12:07:23 AM »
Setting up any truck that way is a recipe for disaster... ::)

I'm not really that picky when it comes to vehicle brands (except when it comes to sports cars, then it's Pontiac and Chevrolet).  I mean, my little pick-up is a Ford.  My dads truck is a Chevy.  My other truck is a Studebaker.  I want either an F-250, or a '77 Chevy 3/4- or 1-ton truck. 
It seems to me that the Chevy's have stronger frames overall, and that they can carry more in the bed, but Fords can tow better than anything else.  For example, my dad hauled 3600lbs of gravel in his '77 half ton.  My friends grandpa towed 12,500lbs of trailer with his Ford half ton. 

Now, that all of that's out of the way, I was rooting for the Chevy. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline TUCO-the-ratt

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
This guy was the most honest Ford lover I ever met.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
We run a Chevy here at the park for a work truck/snow plow. Things a beast, close to 400 cubes and about 380 horses under the hood. My Boss's personal truck........ an Eco-Boost F-150 ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 06:12:04 PM »
I still have my 2 GM trucks, a 99 Chevy and a 03 GMC.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 04:59:33 AM »
What are these Fords 'n Chevys bein' spoken of?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 07:46:18 AM »
Rednecks don't need dental floss to be blind folded with. Leave the Nissans and Toy's to battle another battle.

Welcome Tuco
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 08:57:05 AM »
What is the Nissan you speak of?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
Chevy's ,  along with General Motors were just 1 Billion and Obama's government-backed Chapter 11 reorganization from being a Division of Toyota  :o
It cost  Saturn, Pontiac , Hummer their existence ....

This thread could have been a Ford VS Toyota debate :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Gus Walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • The sunny slopes of long ago.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »
 ;D  Think i will just continue rebuilding my 94 Chevy 4wd Silverado. Computer gone. Early 70's 350 bored .30 over double hump heads dual exhaust 5 speed etc etc pushing 400 horses. Hell its cheaper to rebuild it every 10 years than buy a new one. I just plain refuse to pay more for a vehicle than i paid for my house.
Aye its been quite a ride aint it?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
Chevy's ,  along with General Motors were just 1 Billion and Obama's government-backed Chapter 11 reorganization from being a Division of Toyota  :o
It cost  Saturn, Pontiac , Hummer their existence ....

This thread could have been a Ford VS Toyota debate :-\

Shootin' pard of mine I've known prolly thirty five years er so always had GM stuff. Werked for 'em at one time. Last couple new ones were Pontiacs. Still gotta Chev dually. Daily driver's a Pontiac Vibe - a Matrix with a different grill. GM took the bailout 'n he swore off 'em.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 08:04:21 AM »
I would love to have  57 Ranchero with the 312 and 2 Fours, with the T-Bird valve covers and a 3 speed with overdrive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com