Author Topic: water stains  (Read 1732 times)

Offline FEATHERS

• 2Feathers
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
water stains
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:06:42 PM »
G'day All, I haven't posted in a while, been watching the posts tho ! Any help please ! I am doing a carving & traced my pattern ready to carve this morning, gave it a light spray with water before bed, this morning it was ready to carve but has a lot of water stain, any suggestions on how to clean these stains out ? Thanks in advance. Mark.

Offline Camano Ridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: water stains
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:41:18 PM »
When you sprayed your leather are you saying the are you were going to do the carving? Is the spraying of water your intent to case the leather. DOn't mean to sound derogitory, I don't know how experienced you are at casing leather and carving. If you get a pice of leather wet in one are it willusually dry a different shade then the rest of the leather. When I case my leather I wet the entire piece. In my experience a spray from a spray bottle then let sit overnight is not going to give you a damp enough piece to work. As t the water spot my suggestion is to take a damp sponge or cloth and wet the whole piece then let it dry the color should be more uniform. As to casing, again I don't know your experience levelif you have your way of doing it go for it. If you want more information about casing leather feel free to PM me.

Scott

Offline Tallbald

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:04 PM »
This sort of leads into a question I've been looking for answers to myself. When I moisten my projects for tooling or bending, I often do not wet the entire piece. I too have water spots that don't go away and show through any finish I use. As an example, I moisten to bend for a holster bucket but don't want to moisten the edge where I will machine sew an edge. This saves me drying time. BUt the water spots cause me troubles later in the project. I wondered if our tap water was the problem, and thought I should maybe try distilled water(?) SUggestions appreciated. Don

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:55:37 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com