Author Topic: 1875 Uberti Ejector Assembly  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1875 Uberti Ejector Assembly
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
Howdy all!

A little while back, I took the ejector assembly off of my Uberti '75 for cleaning. Since then, I've found that there's a small gap where the 'sail' meets the frame, just enough to let some daylight in, and the screw holding the whole thing in place loosens under recoil. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Performance hasn't been effected yet, but it's one of those things thats kind of driving me mad.

Thanks in advance!
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline St8LineLeatherSmith

• The Poly Grip Kids alter ego AKA Pappy Polygrip since I ain't a kid no more
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • grand master of striking one tool against another
    • The St8 Line Leathersmith
  • Liked:
Re: 1875 Uberti Ejector Assembly
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 07:41:50 PM »
nlur thread lock
No matter where ya go there ya are
Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)
Brother Artisan Master At Large Of TEH BROTHERHOOD OF TEH SUBLYME  & HOLEY ORDER OF TEH SOOT, (SHOTS)
The St8 Line Leathersmith
ChattownLeatherheads

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
nlur thread lock

Thanks for the reply, but could you elaborate a little more? Sorry, I'm a bit of an amateur to guns in general and these Old West six shooters in particular, only been shooting for two years now. Still got a lot to learn.

EDIT: Never mind, realized you were advising for the screw holding in the assembly. Thanks!
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:46:14 AM »

Offline Dusty Earl

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »
I had the same problem after I took mine apart. There was no daylight when it was assembled but after shooting it for a while there is a small gap. I thought I did something wrong. I bought another gun for cowboy action shooting and this one is starting to showing a small gap also. I didn't have this one apart.
It doesn't affect anything but it bugs me.

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:53 PM »
I had the same problem after I took mine apart. There was no daylight when it was assembled but after shooting it for a while there is a small gap. I thought I did something wrong. I bought another gun for cowboy action shooting and this one is starting to showing a small gap also. I didn't have this one apart.
It doesn't affect anything but it bugs me.

I put just a little bit of thread lock where the sail meets the frame, and there's been no gap. I also put some thread lock on the screw that holds the assembly in place. The gun heats up enough when I shoot to where complete disassembly is easy within an hour or two after I shoot, so for now I'd consider it a successful fix, at least until I can get the gun to someone who can provide a more long term solution. I do agree, it never affected performance, but it is irritating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com