Author Topic: Few Fella looking for clothes  (Read 3571 times)

Offline EL GUAPO

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Few Fella looking for clothes
« on: October 28, 2005, 12:29:12 PM »
Howdy pards.  Well I'm starting to put some of my gear together but am trouble finding the western era clothes. I wanted more of the Wyatt Earp look rather than the traditional cowboy look.  Where is a good place to find these?
BTW I'm in the So Cal area.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Few Fella looking for clothes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:16:54 AM »
You're in luck, since there are numerous suppliers of Period clothing.

I'd suggest first looking at what you want to portray - and then researching it to decide on what you'll want to buy or make.

The 'Time-Life' series on 'The Old West' is a good place to start to get an idea of what folks wore during the time frame.

Doing this will be far easier on your wallet than will be the buying of bits and pieces.

Here on the Prairie - 'The Fort' - in Lincoln, Nebraska - handles all manner of Old West clothing and a great set of boots, besides.
They're called 'The Frontier' boot.

Give Terry or Glen a toll-free call at: 1-800-327-5567 - X199
Or email them at:  oldwest@fortfrontier.com

Of course - there are others - and you'll see their websites in the back of 'The Cowboy Chronicle' and 'Shoot!' magazine.

Good Luck.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline dangerranger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 03:28:30 AM »
For the look of a towne, most of the pics Ive seen show men wearing dark suits. mens suits havent changed all that much.check your own closet first.a pr of suit pants with the belt loops removed and buttons sewn on for suspenders, a matching vest, a band callered shirt[ currently in style again],are a good start. add a frock coat, and a derby hat should be pretty close. Im not shure about foot wear. try some old pics.the county I work for has old pics of the cops from the late 1800s and most look like this. Good luck
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:59:39 PM »

Offline DarkBlack

• Poor White Boy
  • Active citizen
  • Dark Black isn't a color, it's a way of life.
    • My Little WWW Site
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 05:53:49 PM »
Never overlook your local resale shops after you know what you want or need.

What happens many times is someone will get a shirt or vest that looks to "costumey" or otherwise doesn't fit in their wardrobe, then they donate it to local charity & it ends up in a resale shop.

I recently found a shirt made of combed silk (looks & feels like cotton) with a banded color in a natural (near white) color for $1.00!!!

This shirt looks about as period as any $40 Wah Maker offering & I got it for a buck!

I've also found victorian styled vest with lapels & never more than $5.00.

It's worth checking out, and remember, any money you save on clothing can go toward better guns ;D ;D ;D

eBay is also a good place to check, do a search for "SASS cowboy" and check what's there, they also have an entire section dedicated to Men's western clothing, sometimes you can find period clothing for a song.

Take Care,
DB
Shooting straight means never having to say you're sorry.

-Dark Black
SASS #65451

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 03:38:34 PM »
Wild West Merc is a good place as is Texas Jacks.

http://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=home
http://www.texasjacks.com/

Also check with some local tuxedo rental places for deals on used jackets and vest.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com