Author Topic: My Uberti 1858  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Georgian87

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Uberti 1858
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:54:20 PM »
Hey fellers. I got my Uberti '58 a little bit before my '60 this year, and never really posted any pics of her. I've ran approximately 300 shots through 'er, and she's still goin' strong. Definitely one of my favorite .44's of all time!

Offline St8LineLeatherSmith

• The Poly Grip Kids alter ego AKA Pappy Polygrip since I ain't a kid no more
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • grand master of striking one tool against another
    • The St8 Line Leathersmith
  • Liked:
Re: My Uberti 1858
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:00:16 PM »
Love the CS flap holster too! ;D
No matter where ya go there ya are
Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)
Brother Artisan Master At Large Of TEH BROTHERHOOD OF TEH SUBLYME  & HOLEY ORDER OF TEH SOOT, (SHOTS)
The St8 Line Leathersmith
ChattownLeatherheads

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »
The Uberti is the only repro that has the nice gentle slope from the frame to the barrel. Most of the other makes have a bit of a step down to the barrel from the top of the frame. Take a look at an original and you'll see how the Uberti matches it. I have Ubertis and Euroarms Remingtons. I used to have Piettas but they were heavy & klunky to me. The Euroarms are the lightest, smallest gripped  Remmies out there with the Ubertis next in size.

Gitcher self a LEE double cavity 200gr conical mold and cast up a bunch of "thumpers". 30grs of FFFg under a conical gives a nice BOOM and whallup.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:19:49 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk