Author Topic: Received My Kirkpatrick Laredoan Belt Rig Today  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Slowhand53

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Received My Kirkpatrick Laredoan Belt Rig Today
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:18:34 PM »
Less than a month ago I decided to order a nice belt rig for my Taylor Cattleman. I chose Kirkpatricks Laredoan because even though its a Hollywood type rig it had the look I was after. Although not rally cheap I felt I got what I paid for, The workmanship & quality are top notch in all respects and the Cattleman fits like a glove in the holster. Being this being my first, I have to ask if I should use something like saddle soap as a conditioner to keep the leather (Non Suede) supple or would it be better to use as is and leave alone.  :D

Offline Camano Ridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Received My Kirkpatrick Laredoan Belt Rig Today
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:29:29 PM »
Were not going to answer your question until you post a picture of it.  ;)

When you say you want to make it supple do you mean keep the belt flexible. In most cases you don't want to soften the holster. Everyone is different I prefer to break in naturaly and use a conditioner occasionly to feed nutrients back to the leather. It should have been oiled and finished when it was made. You do occasionsly want to use a conditioner. I prefer Skidmores Leather Cream, you could use others like Lexol conditioner. Saddle soap may darken things up a bit.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:53:52 AM »
What ever product you settle on, remember one thing 10% of what you think it needs will be close to right for most peoples idea of loving care.  It seems that most people follow either one of two extremes no care at all or way overboard on care.  Of the two, no care will give a longer life unless the leather is exposed to extreme conditions.  As to products, I was actually using Ballistol on the last holsters I used and though I would not recommend it, it seemed to perform well for the several years I tried it???  I repeat, I think that the amount used is far more important than the brand name.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:57:41 PM »

Offline Slowhand53

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »
Thanks much for the advice. Since it will be worn only to the range I think I will break it in on its own. heres a pic for ya Camano.

Offline Camano Ridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:57:09 PM »
Thanks for the picture always enjoy seeing what ever rig is being discussed. Does not look like you could darken that one much. :)

Offline Trader Dan

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 10:41:55 PM »
Nice looking rig. I use a leather product made by Picard's. No not Jean Luc. The have a very large assortment of leather care products for all kind of leather.

https://www.pecard.com/

I am not an employee, just a very satisfied customer.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 12:26:54 AM »
Thanks for the link, Dan. It's always good to hear from a satisfied user. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more of you.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com