Author Topic: New Taylors Cattleman First Range Day  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Slowhand53

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Taylors Cattleman First Range Day
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:42:33 PM »
Brought my new Taylors Cattleman in .357 Magnum to the range today. Put 100 rounds of Aguila .38 Special through her and the pistol functioned perfectly. Never having fired a Saa before I was pleasantly surprised on how well it shot. I liked the looks of the wood grips that came with it but found them kind of slippery so I put on the black checkered gunfighter grips. I am happy with this one. :D

Offline Bibbyman

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99098
  • Liked:
Re: New Taylors Cattleman First Range Day
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:51:46 PM »
Looks like it shoots at point of aim.  That's always a concern when buying a fix sight gun.  We have bought two Cattleman 45s, and to 38/357 magnum in past year.  No complaints.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
Lookin' good!  Nice case colors on that one, too.  BTW, it is pretty easy to strip the finish from the wooden grips and give them an oil finish.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:29:53 AM »

Offline Bibbyman

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99098
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »
Lookin' good!  Nice case colors on that one, too.  BTW, it is pretty easy to strip the finish from the wooden grips and give them an oil finish.

The finish is way too slick when you shoot CAS in this hot, humid weather.   Just today we placed an order for unfinished grips from Taylors.  $14/each.  I figured at that price we could save the factory grips and mess up the unfinished grips all we want.  We'll have the factory grips in good shape to put back on if and when we want to sale or trade.

Offline Slowhand53

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
Thanks all, Seems the best idea is to strip the finish off and put on that oil finish. They are really nice grips but honestly cannot stand the finish on them now. Btw the 2 head shots on the target were done by my friend who invited me to the range with his high standard .22. It was his Birthday today so I let him shoot a dozen rounds out of my Cattleman, He also was impressed by it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com