Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 130824 times)

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2014, 07:15:29 PM »
Rained from about 20:00 till after midnight. Weather man on the national news said the storm was over Del's house by breakfast time. Had 1.80" in the gauge this morning, puddles & a muddy drive to town. Also had idiot lights on in the dash most of the drive. Same lights were on over a year ago had in the shop three times 'fore they found the mouse chewed wires. I hate mice.

Gotta love these school teacher hours. Been on the road by 06:30 all week & not home till almost 22:00 every night till this one. Trying to come up with a plan for the holiday weekend.  Only thing set in stone is the killin' of some tasty little birds on Monday.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »
Doves,Stu? ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2014, 08:23:40 PM »
Took a nap this afternoon,something I don't do often. moose is out with teacher friends having margaritas. Victoria is patrolling the back yard for intruders. I went to Sonic for their 50 cent corn dog promo today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #443 on: August 29, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »
No Sir, Not the Mick Jagger version , I understand that one  ::) crap

This was Heath Ledger & Orlando Bloom, I'm told it is not bad , though its more to the Robin Hood side of Kelly....and more
anti- British/Aussy govment  ...sorta like "Quigley Down Under- ish

Never figured out why everyone like Heath Ledger or Orlando. The one with Mick must be older. Never seen it didn't care too.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #444 on: August 29, 2014, 12:13:32 AM »
Buenos Tardes,  y'all.  I'll stir up the coals and reheat some coffee for the night watch.

Last City trip until Saturday.  I've got a four day weekend comin' here, and I intend to enjoy every minute of it. ::)
Weather has been in the 90's for highs, and mid 50s for lows, and sunny.  Supposed to stay that way for another few weeks.

Nothing of interest is really happening here.  Ate out at Carl's Jr.  today...  and regretted it.  Fast food does not like my digestive system...and I ate a lot of it today. ::) 
Saw a really nice IROC-Z at the college today.  Canary yellow, with two racing stripes.  Woulda pounced for it if I had the $2700 he was asking. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #445 on: August 29, 2014, 05:40:14 AM »
Never figured out why everyone like Heath Ledger or Orlando. The one with Mick must be older. Never seen it didn't care too.

Teenie Bopper heart throbs, the both of them,  is why , Batman (Ledger) course I don't think The Patriot hurt him either
( then though it was maybe the Gibson draw that Ledger road in on )
or Lord of the Rings (Bloom) fans might be the reason others follow them.... course Ledger doped himself to death.

With exception of perhaps Wahlberg , I'm not impressed in rockers or rapper transition to acting.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: August 29, 2014, 06:15:15 AM »
Time for another pot and some hot water? I'll start on it. ;)

55 and sun here, looking for the 80's today. Keys to the kingdom later this afternoon, but minus the beast of a truck.

Alumni band has their annual fair concert tomorrow afternoon late. Only time you'll catch me in white shorts. This'll be the Olds first concert go round. I played it at the other concert band's practice Wednesday night ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #447 on: August 29, 2014, 06:35:40 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Rained overnight. 'Tis 60 and overcast. "Humid. Numerous showers and a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: August 29, 2014, 06:38:26 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Headin' inta the nineties. Phooey.

Eighties. Wrong glasses. Skooze me.

Got khaki 'n black. No white shorts.........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: August 29, 2014, 07:04:18 AM »
Bloom also in the Pirate triliogies- ledger doping himself made his movie sales sore. Poor Heath- believe me i loved Robin's comedy but he pissed me off no more money from me. Heath wasn't that good of actor. Not sure Bloom ever has.

Thanks for the coffee.
Another cool start here. Out with dogs need to start wearing shoes in mornings. Okay and pants too. Not sure the highs. Rain called for over the weekend.
Tomorrow 1500 kick off time the War Eagle yells will greet OzarkTrackers beloved Razorbacks

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #450 on: August 29, 2014, 08:29:27 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I am still waking up this morning. Victoria is napping in the back. She put in a hard night of patrolling last night. The first cup went fast and I am already on the second one.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
Not a fan of either... in fact, I though A Knight's Tale sucked, and after watching about 15 min. surfed elsewhere for just about anything.
I've seen The Patriot a few times, but never saw Batman all the way through . I had to check IMDB to see which title Ledger was in  ( Dark Knight )
I did enjoy the Lord trilogy, not for Bloom, but for the fantasy & scenery, no fan of Elijah Wood either....

I didn't buy it for the likes of those two...more for the fantasy of Ned Kelly ....only $9  :-\ 
Too few westerns eastern ? then I suppose being done anymore....

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: August 29, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
M2 is right, "Lord of the Rings" made Orlando Bloom's career and others such as it is. I haven't really seen any of his work since but it doesn't seem to be stellar.

Arcey, do you have black socks to go with that outfit so you can blend in with the tourists at Duh Beach?

Those fast sporty looking cars are nice and fun when you are young but they are all Police magnets.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: August 29, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »
Police magnets  ;D.

I heard the talking heads say The sons of guns (refrain from saying star) Will Hayden was arrested again. Lets say if he is guilty i hope they string him up by his gonads.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »
What'd that jack@ss get arrested for?  I wouldn't think it would take much to lose a class 3 manufacture's license.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »
Guess the boy didn't read my cold showers thing. If he did he didn't take it seriously 'nuff.........................

Must be GTO week round here. Went to an off site I don't usually grace with my presence but it was convenient to where I was doin' errands. A '68 come rumblin' along the parcel pick up. The reddish orange GM paint of the period. Rubber bumper they made TV commercials for. Wheels and tires were proper. Had Virginia antique tags on it but she wasn't all as she were. The idle gave an aftermarket cam away.

On that note, the advanced engineerin' of today can turn out some serious horse power o'er the push rod things of yesterday. But, they're never gonna match the sound generated by the old stuff. Absolutely beautiful to an old man.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the hi-tech $17.00 cell phone out the fanny pack in time to grab an image.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2014, 03:06:12 PM »
What'd that jack@ss get arrested for?  I wouldn't think it would take much to lose a class 3 manufacture's license.

alleged rape of a minor, second time !  1st. the Mother accused him , he was out on bail , then the 12 year old said he did it.

Guilty or not.... he's Toast !  show is canceled

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2014, 03:42:27 PM »
One the nice things about bein' an almost 63 year old dirty ole man. 50 year olds are hot lookin' babes ta me. Younger'n that 'n they look like my daughters......... 'n grand daughters for that matter...............................

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: August 29, 2014, 04:17:34 PM »
I feel the same way as Arcey on the women.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Moose is bringing some grilled chicken salads home for supper tonight. Too hot to cook. The weather folks said that we had a 50 percent chance of rain today, they lied.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com