Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 131199 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #500 on: August 31, 2014, 08:46:19 AM »
You can get water reliably with only 21' up there? Can't do that here, unless you drill into an underground stream, and I wouldn't trust them around here anymore. My well is an old one, has 180 feet of pipe. I think they tend to go at least double that now.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2014, 08:58:43 AM »
The well on my place sucked air during a long drought several years ago.  Had to go to 495 feet.  Was glad to be renting from someone with a fatter wallet than mine.

Hey Del, do you call him "Sped" for short?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: August 31, 2014, 09:00:23 AM »
The Cawffee is especially good this morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: August 31, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »
Mornin, morning chores all done before it got too hot and humid. Need to do some testing I think my wireless router has gone bad, also need to call the cable company Internet keeps slowing to a crawl and then shuts down.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #504 on: August 31, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »
The skies are over cast today small percent chance of rain till tuesday.  Garden watering is not needed today from the rain yesterday.  Need to build a rabbit trap to protect the garden.   
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: August 31, 2014, 12:47:45 PM »
The well on my place sucked air during a long drought several years ago.  Had to go to 495 feet.  Was glad to be renting from someone with a fatter wallet than mine.

Reminds me, I rented a place years ago that had a shallow well, I think 20-30 feet. It sucked air all the time, had to have a special valve on the pressure tank to regulate the amount of air that stayed in the tank. Didn't use the modern "bladder" type pressure tank.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: August 31, 2014, 03:16:37 PM »
We have a well in the back yard. You can't drink the water, but you can water the yards with it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2014, 11:05:11 PM »
You can get water reliably with only 21' up there? Can't do that here, unless you drill into an underground stream, and I wouldn't trust them around here anymore. My well is an old one, has 180 feet of pipe. I think they tend to go at least double that now.
The top of the pipe is 6' below ground level and the sand point is 3' long. So it is 30' down. But, the water is less than 10' from the top of the pipe. We are in the low lands. But there is a hill to the east of the property that is taller that our two story house. We live about 100 yards north of the Silver Creek, which is spring feed, so there are springs flowing underground all over here. Some people call Waushara County Wash-a-sand County.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #508 on: August 31, 2014, 11:49:30 PM »
Hey y'all.

Only 360 PE?  A friend of ours had to drill a well...  800 feet down.  :o  They still only got around 2.5 gpm.  This year it dried up completely.  Fortunately, they sold it last year to a person "for agricultural development."  5 southern exposure acres "all for their personal use."   ::)

I am enjoying this turbo car.  We took it out on a nice little road (Trinity Dam Boulevard, for those who may know) today. It took those hills and corners quite well.   Took it on a dirt road a ways, too.  Not quite our old car, (or my truck), but it did okay.
Tomorrow I hope to go fishing out on Lewiston lake tomorrow.  The fish were jumping great tonight.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: September 01, 2014, 02:38:38 AM »
I had some boneless wings and fries for supper. We watched the Baylor-SMU game. The Baylor defense shut out SMU.The new Stadium is beautiful.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #510 on: September 01, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
Coffe is up if this one is still going
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com