Author Topic: I Need Your Sources  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Ruff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Born 100 Years Too Late
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I Need Your Sources
« on: July 18, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »
Howdy pards,

Going to be working on a couple of websites and need your sources of western/cowboy clip-art, backgrounds and anything else you think might be handy. Would like some wanted posters, blank if possible. PM me if you want.
Ruff
SASS #16965, WASA #155, NCOWS #3636, GAF #304
GHSS CP-088, Oregon Trail Regulators (Nebraska) #7, Cracker Cow Cavalry
RO I & II
Double Barrel C's Land and Cattle Co.
Soon to be Abilene, TX

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
Re: I Need Your Sources
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
Ho Ruff.....

Try Google..... Images, Loads of stuff on there  ;D

Paladin (What likes ta help  ;) ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Offline Ruff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:58:02 PM »
Howdy Paladin UK,

I have did the Google thing already, but figured there were some sites that might get exposure I should check out.
Ruff
RO I & II
Soon to be Abilene, TX

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:01:16 PM »

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26:14 PM »
Take a look at my site (Rattlesnake Jack's Old West Clip Art Parlour - http://rattlesnakejacks.com/) to see if there is anything there of use to you .....

Unfortunately the site has "fallen on rather hard times" and is badly in need of updating and improvement.  (I changed internet providers a couple of years ago and my website got move to its own domain and a different server.  The guy who did it used some sort of "bulk transfer" method I think ..... anyway, it really lost a lot in the transition - background not full-screen width on some pages, images changed in size and even in shape in some cases, many broken links within the site, and so on.  It seems the transfer method used tried to dump every image into one "standard-size" box, with the result that many of the smaller images copy as a big black field with a small image inserted in one corner, and others that were bigger than that size are now only partial images.   To top things off, I later switched from a PC to a Mac, and what little I had previously learned about website setup and maintenance, via the particular PC-oriented software I had been using ceased to be of any use to me!  The guy has promised to give me a tutorial on working with the site on the new server with a Mac, but I have been very remiss in arranging a time to do that ....

It is mostly period line-drawings and engravings, for the "old time look".  If you see something listed there of interest to you, but the image is too small, distorted, or whatever - or the link is simply dead -drop me a line.  I also have quite a few other similar images I never got around to putting on the website, so if there is some particular thing you are looking for it, ask .... I might just have something.  There are also a number of westerny (or otherwise old-timey) fonts there .....

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 11:32:43 AM »
I've used Rattlesnake Jack's site for making my own Christmas Cards, it's a good source in my book.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Ruff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »
Howdy Rattlesnake Jack,

I have had your site bookmarked for years. I have all your fonts saved and several of the clipart.

Shotgun Frankilin.

You make your own Christmas Cards? I would like details if you can provide them. It sounds interesting. Do you use special paper?
Ruff
RO I & II
Soon to be Abilene, TX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com