Author Topic: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY  (Read 144657 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY
« Reply #360 on: July 24, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
No shootin’. Disembodied voices in the station wagon ‘bout 0755 said there was a thunderstorm watch in the county ‘til 0830. 460’s fairly a straight shot. Could see dark gray skies off in the distance. Static on the AM band – bad. The rains came ‘fore I got there. Me ‘n Beartooth watched it come down from under cover for a half hour or so then called it. Got stuck traffic almost that long just short of the high rise back in Chesapeake.

No complaints.

Campground o’er on the eastern shore, just ‘cross the bay from here, hit with a tornado. Last I heard, two fatalities. Sendin’ ambulances ‘n such from duh beach. Norfolk ‘n Beach General Hospitals both settin’ up for mass casualties. See how it shakes out. My prayers for ‘em.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #361 on: July 24, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »
Mornin' y'all.

Sorry to hear about the weather over there, Arcey.  Hope it all pans out for the better.

Major, allow me to put it this way.  If that Stude hadn't been my grandpa's last truck, I would have sold it several years ago.  But, it did belong to my grandpa, who died in 1972, when my dad was 8 years old.  It's the only connection I have to him, other than a crystal drink set.  So, I'll keep it.
 I'll just save up some dough to put toward both it and a new(er) truck.  Though, I think the Stude will have to wait for full restoration till after college. :-\ 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #362 on: July 24, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
Afternoon all, thanks for the well wishes. Mom is doing a lot better, pretty much back to her old self. My brother is coming in for the weekend to spend time with her.

I saw all those storm moving in this morning and hoped you weren't getting dumped on Arcey.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #363 on: Today at 06:14:52 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »
Arcey i take it you and your families were okay?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »
Good for you...Kid
From what you post here....I think you have the values and the right stuff, Family & integrity.... I see lacking in the youth today.
You build the Studi,   :)  I'd love to see it when it's done....I completely understand your connections.
I have my Dad's revolver (and another I gave him ) and his shotgun.

Prayers to you Arcey

I saw the Surgeon , I like him.... some 16 X-rays later,  he believes holding off on surgery , suggested Therapy and Cortisone ( which he stuck me with ) after the exam ...he said " if I don't respond to those , we'll may go to plan B...." he thinks I will  :)
He also superscribed some potent NSAID... good stuff , best my shoulder has felt in weeks.

Skipped the hot dog..."She that shall be obeyed" suggested "bait" ( sushi )  I had peel & eat shrimp   ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »
Speaking of bait. I bought a crab trap at the flea market over the weekend. I baited it and set in in the garden. Haven't caught anything yet. Should i use chicken livers or sushi to bait it again?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »
Thanks, y'all. We're good. The thing was on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay from us. O'er thirty miles.

Ya wanna catch crabs in the garden, Roo, try Lindsay Lohan.

Hope ya can avoid surgery, M2.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »
Thanks Arcey....glad your good....I hadn't heard about it till I saw it here  :-\

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »
Best wishes on the non surgical option, M2. When I got the right one done, wasn't much choice, had a busted tendon and couldn't lift my arm more than half way. Local surgeon said orthoscopic wouldn't work. The I see a clip on the local news, surgeon in Springfield has the latest equipment and techniques. So I get an appointment, he says no problem. Worked great, and only four 1/4" round scars to show for it. Of course, there had to be one problem, that a lot of other people saw the same news story, waited over 3 months for the surgery. It was a long three months....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2014, 07:56:56 PM »
couldn't lift my arm more than half way...yeah me too maybe even less...

but it seems to be some better movement ..... we'll see what the Therapy does....  :-\

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: July 25, 2014, 05:58:30 AM »
I'll start a pot ;)

54 and sun here. Guesser's are sayin' early to mid 70's. Gonna be mowing today, areas out front again. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: July 25, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Yesterday was National Tequila Day. We took full advantage  of cheap Margaritas at two different places. I have puffy eyes this morning and a dry mouth.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: July 25, 2014, 06:35:40 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Mid ta low eighties 'n humid.

Fed guessers er sayin' the wind that hit the campground yesterday was a tornado. Lookin' at the mess it's a wonder only two were killed.

If this post don't look as usual it's from 'nother recycled TTY. T'other was feelin' awful poorly yestitty mornin'. This'n's been sittin' in the closet since it refused ta display the startin' page o'er three years ago.  Reloaded Windows on it 'n it's runnin'. Lost the stuff what was on here. Word's gone. Put Open Office on it. I ain't finished messin' with it yet.

Lotta errands ta run. Play with it more in the heat of the day.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #373 on: July 25, 2014, 07:12:43 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Speaking of bait. I bought a crab trap at the flea market over the weekend. I baited it and set in in the garden. Haven't caught anything yet. Should i use chicken livers or sushi to bait it again?
Chicken hearts work good for "lake crabs" (crayfish).

'Twas raining when I was out earlier. 'Tis 55 and overcast. "Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: July 25, 2014, 07:52:37 AM »
Thanks for the Coffee- almost done with dogs this morning gonna feed the old barn cat and go stand in line at DMV- 1/2 drive to there may have to have a Waffle House stop on the way.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »
Good day everyone, heading out to get some chili dogs in a bit. Better half is at a gab fest with a bunch of her fellow retired civil servants.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
Becoming a citizen of Alabama today- got the "God Bless America" plates have to go to the other county seat to get drivers license yes two county seats. Then back to Ashville to drop off CCW app.

Buying a kennel for the girls also
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »
Done been all o'er this derned place taday – 'cept the ocean front.

Did Sam's for dope, gas 'n hot dogs. Checked 'n saw they weren't givin' away station wagon batteries. Indicator thingy on mine's showin' red. Ennyways, had ta go back home 'cuz she bought frozen stuff.

Went ta see Alice 'n get some produce. She has some sorta deal with some old folkes homes. One short-bus load was there. God Bless 'em but it ain't no where ta be whislt they're there. Place ain't made for wheelchairs 'n them scooter things. On top that, she had a delivery goin' on. No matter where ya got ya were in the way.

Went ta Pungo. She got some stuff. Didn't see anythin' I wanted.

Saw a banner plane release one, circle the museum then land. No excitement. Stearman was sittin' out.

Neighbor next door, y'all know Bob, ain't been real well. Some items his wife needed for 'im sez she can only find in K-Mart. She don't need ta be goin' ta K-Mart. Hit two of 'em. Fat lady went in 'n I stayed out. Couldn't find the stuff in either.

One K-Mart weren't far from the boat ramp where the eagle release was a couple weeks ago. Went o'er there. An adult sat inna tree 'n watched the whole release. Hadda hunch that was 'her tree.' Spotted a lump 'cross the creek. Put the binoculars on it, t'was the bird. Right where we left her. Ain't thinkin' she's claimed the place. Just lives there. Hear tell the released bird roosted with her for awhile. If that were teritory she wouldn't have tolerated the juvenile in it, let alone the same tree.

Headin' back, used the road what skirts Oceana. They gotta lot of corn growin' on that air station. Guess they lease the land out. Saw more wildlife flyin' 'round. Super Hornets.

Tired l'il gunslinger. If it were dark out, I'd be goin' night-night.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
Sittin here at work cup o coffee and a gel pen. Fillin' out CCW (pistol permit) for 'Bama. One page long no fingerprint cards needed no proof of schooling- including elementry school. Just simple form- your name here. 15 bucks a year up to 5 years.

Picked up plates the drivers card i have is good till 2021 not sure i want to change it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
My permit expires in October on my birthday. No rain today and tomorrow.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com