Author Topic: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY  (Read 144040 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2014, 10:10:24 AM »
75 here now. Rain that showed earlier kind of fizzled out before it got here. Am watching sme more that's in Indiana at the moment.

Arcey, I can't cut stuff real thin either with a knife. I also have the same problem with fingers getting in the way, bleed like a stuck hog when it happens,too ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »
Mornin' y'all.  Coffee sounds really good, right about now.

Yesterday, we got hit by the storm of the year.  Dumped about 2 inches of water, and assorted sizes/amounts of hail.  Some rumbling, but only saw one flash.  During our board games, I won Candy Land (ages 4 - 8 on the label.  But hey, I'm 8... twice over.), and came in second in everything else.  Not bad.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2014, 01:36:08 PM »
Me too, Buck Blood thinners. Me ‘n Nash got ta playin’ a bit rough Sunday. Nipped me with those puppy-sharp flea teeth of his on the base knuckle of the right index finger. Tiny break in the skin, bled like crazy. Didn’t know it ‘til the fat lady started yellin’.

Done out. Ain’t comfortable a’tall. Gonna stay in ‘n soak up the A/C I just wrote a $200.00 check for repairs on. Ain’t gonna be much more better it the range but I should be in the station wagon on the way back with the A/C blastin’ by this time then.

Glad Roo pointed out National Hot Dog Day. Be joinin’ Tex in partakin’. Got Hebrew Nationals, horseradish mustard, Texas Pete ‘chili’ ‘n some smelly thing chopped up for the fat lady’s. Got some store brand chips too. Need ta look for a baseball game on the TV thing ta go with ‘em.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #343 on: Today at 09:13:55 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »
Those hot dogs are gonna taste real good tonight. I always have Fritos with my dogs, and either a Coke Zero or a Diet Dr Pepper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »
Mine is the circ. drug for this bum peg of mine,Arcey. Plus, the skin on the back of my hands is pretty thin, don't take much to get'em running, or bruise up for that matter ::) :-\

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
Us Old People are thin skinned.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »
I not only bleed i bruise somethin' crazy.  My previous owner(dog) would like to play rough and either get me bleeding or bruise me. I get it now mowing when i get close to the bushes and brambles. I have only been on BP meds a year or so.  I just thought it was a age thing. It is fustrating. However i tried a poultice of fresh cut yarrow leaves. It will stop bleeding and it help reduce the breeding in the bruise. I know to some this may sound like Quackery. However it does work.  Yes i still eat meat. No i won't be singing kumbya around the campfire tonight.

Working tonight or i'd be cooking some weinies too

Slim you have had a few good things here recently
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
lR, there's recall on Jeeps just announced on TV. Not sure what models or years. Ignition switch problems ala GM ::)

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »
lR, there's recall on Jeeps just announced on TV. Not sure what models or years. Ignition switch problems ala GM ::)

Don't surprise me- there is 2 now one over a year old no parts available to repair the recall with... When it falls off the frame i will buy another Ford

One of the 2 i repaired at my expence-
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
Unsweetened tea. Coke woulda been good. Ain’t had one since the last visit ta Sam’s. Get one Friday when I pick up some dope ‘n a Nathan’s.

Door knobs. Wake up o-dark-thirty ta pump bilges – another blessin’ of old age. It’s dark, I’m still asleep ‘n smack door knobs with the back of my hands. Big bruise the next mornin’.

Barricades it the OFSDAR things ‘n props in CAS. Bruises ‘n abrasions. Always keep band aids in the station wagon. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
Johnny blue has attacked me and drawn blood on me twice.
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »
Even though I sill got a few years to go, seems like I'm always leaking blood, sometimes don't even notice until my wife does. She can't understand how I can't remember what caused it, but then maybe in 15 years when she catches up to me, she'll understand better.

Picked up some previously unknown to me powder today, MAXAM CSB1. Local gun shop had a 55lb keg of it, it was a "BYOB" thing. So I checked my reloading shed and had a couple empties, bought some. Pistol and shotgun powder, used in RIO shotshells from Spain. Found several threads online where people had tried it. Supposed to be somewhere between Unique and Green dot. Came with some pistol and shotgun data. Soon as it cools off enough to reload a few rounds, I'll see how it works.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
Got the oldest registered for 16 credits.

The septic work started today.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »
Yeah, it don't take much. Dogs here will do it too. Our smooth when she was a pup, had a habit of doing a hard twist motion when she grabbed onto you. Opened me up pretty good a couple times until she got older and learned how hard to grip when she played. Now she's just a little lover girl, noisy,but a little lover ::)

My youngest called a bit ago. Bad news,he was in a wreck this afternoon about a mile or so from home. Other vehicle was at fault. He's a bit sore,otherwise okay. His F-truck's front suspension is somewhat busted up,along with the front bumper,fender, and the door is jammed. 2000 Accord hit him, and is a lot worse off :-\

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
Evening y'all.

Just finished a pair of franks, and am sitting back.

Went out with an amigo today.  Our first time out with our 4x4 vehicles, flying it solo. he has a '79 Chevy 3/4 ton truck, and I've got the family car, '03 Chevy trailblazer.  Went as far as the U.S. Forest Circus would allow, then walked another 5 miles.  I think I want an old pickup, too.  :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2014, 04:18:15 AM »
Coffee's hot

Missed the Hot-dog day celebration, discovered a tad to late , "She that shall be obeyed" had planned & made salmon, good thought !
I'm thinking I'll try to make up for it today....if I remember.
Headed to Orlando Orthopedic this morning , and see what they'll do about my rotatory cuff.   

I too have that thin skin, seems it'l tear like wet TP at the slightest snag 
Just brushed a cart and hided myself just the other day, most the times I'll not even know I did it  :-\
no bruises really, just trickle of blood.
Someone will say  "what'd you do to yourself ? " ... danged if I know !

I'm not sure if this the best suggestion "kid" but I stick it out there for what its worth....

You've mention the Studdie PU you have.... I don't know of its sentimental value to you.... but being on the list desirable
custom builds , I think it'd has some real restoration value.
Unless you have the cash flow & and/or skills, perhaps a for sale listing will gainer you the funds for a nice contemporary PU ride.
just a "2 cent"  thought  :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2014, 04:28:53 AM »
Wonder if we could recover the stuff ‘n sell it ta the blood bank. Always a buncha fine lookin’ folks hangin’ ‘round the place…………………………

Mornin’.

Heck with the weather. Wanna make noise. Might get wet. Give it a try.

Salads this evenin’.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2014, 05:10:42 AM »
I have a pot of Cawffee on the fire and some Hot water. I bang the doorknobs at night as well. I bleed easily as well and I don't realize when or where, until I notice the blood.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2014, 07:52:08 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 79.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: July 24, 2014, 08:08:41 AM »
Thanks for the coffee this morning

The sacrifices the old geezers give daily. Some day there will be a monument to us.  Eastwood will play me in the movie version
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com